Orbx Germany North and South

surfcandy

1 hour ago, Doc_Z said:

I believe you do have fo download them twice.  The P3d download will use many of the same files, so the download is much faster.  I could be mistaken.

When you say many of the same files, if done correctly FTX will drag the files off your HD/SSD instead of needing to DL them

If you think this is a heavy load then then once the TrueEarth versions are available I can guess it will be around 70-80Gb for each north & south

It took my system around 9 hours to get the 75Gb for Netherlands

16 hours ago, surfcandy said:

or is it 7:24 gb for each separate simulation (7.24gb x2)

Each scenery will take 7.24gb for each simulation you install it for.  (FSX, FSXSE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4)

North Germany will take 7.24gb of space in your FSX folder and it will also take 7.24gb of space in your P3Dv4 folder.  So 14.48 gb of total space on your PC.

South Germany will take 7.24gb of space in your FSX folder and it will also take 7.24gb of space in your P3Dv4 folder.  So another 14.48 gb of total space on your PC.

Use FTX Central to download and install North Germany (or any Orbx product) for FSX, then open FTX Central for P3D and click the download link, FTX Central will scan your PC, see that you have the region installed for FSX already, and then copy some of the files directly from your FSX folder into your P3D folder.  However, FTX Central will still have to download some files.

(It should also work the same way if you install for P3D first and then FSX.)

Archived