gold coast issues

sgtturkey

hi guys I bought gold coast city scape and the two airports this morning. when I fly there im getting elevation issues with southport airfield and weird tree? lines extending from the ground when flying around, ive tried several different configs but still getting probs any ideas?

WskBuG5.png

T8NrimL.png

TOhIoN5.png

Hq8lD4n.png

Hi,

It seems you have a conflicting scenery at YSPT.  I'm not sure if this explains the elevation issues as well, and I doubt it explains the anomalies you are seeing with the huge spikes in the air.  The latter would appear to be an issue with your graphics card (or to be more precise, the drivers) or perhaps the sim's shaders just need to be refreshed.

To fix the conflicting scenery:

If you have OzX installed, please open up the OzX folder and use the Windows search function to search for YSPT.  If any files with YSPT in thename are found, please disable them by adding .OFF to the end of the file name.

Next, in the YBCG control panel (in FTX Central), please check the option "CityScene Gold Coast Mode".

If you have FTX Vector installed, please run the auto configuration tool in the Vector control panel.  If you have FTX Australia also installed, please make sure this option is checked in the "Settings" tab of the Vector control panel.

Regarding the spikes you are seeing, I would suggest the following:

Download and install the latest drivers for your graphics card.

Clear the shaders cache for the sim (FSX/P3D).  You should clear the shaders cache any time you install a new graphics driver, and also if you change the settings via your graphics card's control panel.

As an example, The P3DV3 shader's cache can be found at ".....Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Shaders".  Open up the shaders folder and delete the contents (or just delete the folder).  The shaders will be rebuilt upon the sim's restart.

Cheers,

Just now, sgtturkey said:

thank you heaps for the reply Scott, OZx was definitely the culprit re elevations cheers, looks like I might have to get a new video card re the other issue thanks mate

Graphics spikes are symptomatic of overloaded video card.  I don't know what you've got but a minimum I would suggest for the current round of scenery is a GTX 970 or GTX 1060, or if you're looking to get one to see you through the next 3 years at least, a GTX 1070 is a great card, and prices have just started to drop after 2-3 years of being ridiculous thanks to Bitcoin mining.

However if you're on a budget the GTX 1050 Ti is $100 cheaper than the 1060 and is only a few percent less powerful so that would be another option.

Archived