P3Dv4.3 Just Sitting Quietly in Task Manager

mjg300

So here's the story. (Windows 10 PC)

I've had P3Dv4.3 and a BUNCH of Orbx products work great for the last few months. Then recently I can only get P3D to work when NO Orbx scenery is being used.

So I just reset/cleaned my PC to factory settings to try and fix. Reinstalled P3D and it works fine with default planes and scenery.

As soon as I add even just one package from Orbx, P3D launches, but the splash screen just sits there and shows up on my task manager using around 350 MB of Memory, 0.1% CPU, 0.1% MB/s Disk. 

For an HOUR.

I have used the Migration Tool and Object Flow is checked.

I've run ALL the tips from the P3D forums, which pretty much removes the Orbx scenery so it wokrs fine then. 

Really lost, and really sad.  Lots of $$$ spent on lots of scenery. (Which are stunning).

Please help!

Thanks.

Michael

I've heard of this kind of before. If you don't see the splash screen within a minute or so of launching the program, go into the task manager and end the background task and try again. IDK why it does this or how to fix it. But from what I heard just end the background task and try again and it should work. 

Same problem here from time to time. I delete the %PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\scenery.cfg and terrain.cfg prior backing up both files, then I restart P3D v4.3 and it comes to live again.

Then I close it from the main screen (without starting a flight), and I copy again the files backed up in the same folder replacing the new ones created by P3D.

It works for me every time, but I don't know why it happens.

Hope this helps you, excuse my poor english.

Cheers

Gerard

Hi to all that responded.

Thanks for your input.

When I reset my PC I chose the safe option that only removes programs but keeps all files and documents. So I think that the new install of P3D was still referencing old corrupted files that weren't deleted on the reset.

So I decided to do a second FULL reset. Programs and files and EVERYTHING. I got backups of my personal stuff, so no worries, just a tedious weekend reinstalling everything.

Sadly, I did NOT uninstall P3D before resetting the PC the second time and now have to wait another day or two to get my license reactivated. Once that happens, I will retest.

I would think a clean PC will allow P3D to run without the same hangup issues.

Will keep you informed.

Thanks for your help.

Michael

OK.

Just tested it again after a clean and reset PC. No old files. Nothing.

And I get the SAME result. The Splash Screen just sits there.

About 320 MB memory on task manager, 0 CPU, 0 Disk.

Anger setting in. Big money spent.

I've posted a copy of my scenery.cfg file.

Thanks for ANY help!

Michael G.

scenery.cfg

Hello,

The main problem at the moment is that the FTX entries have been placed below the P3D default scenery.

P3D will not start in that configuration.

Please go to C:\programdata\Lockheed martin\Prepar3D v4 and delete the scenery.cfg

file.

Start P3D and it should create a new default one and start.

Then close P3D and run FTX Central instead.

Then set the Insertion Point like this:

Untitled.jpg

You, my friend, are a genius.

Thank you SOOO much Nick. It works perfectly now.

As an aside, I just wish P3D would have an error screen for idiots like me that can't sort scenery correctly.

Anyway, thanks again for the quick response.

Cheers.

Michael G

Archived