This doesn't look right

Geezer

This is a support question.  I spent several minutes looking for the correct support forum and was unable to find it.  It's undoubtedly there but I didn't find it.  So I'm posting here.  Please feel free to move this thread if you can find the proper forum.  I apologize for being too stupid to find the right forum.

I did a fresh fsxse install and want to fly only in the PNW region.  I installed base, pnw, trees, library, airports and a couple freeware programs. I also added replacement programs such as buildings, sky and clouds.

All sliders are in the proper position.  Most are to the right.  The mesh is 5.  The water is low2.

I've been in this area a lot and have flown in this area a lot and don't believe this is close to what it should be.  The pic is a flight from KAWO to KBVS.  Please take a look and see if you can figure out what the problem is.  Thank you.

Clipboard01.jpg

Hi ahain,

you may not know this but much of the western Pacific Northwest actually has rather dry summers and the monthly precipitation diagrams (Jan to Dec) show a pronounced U shape; for example http://www.worldclimate.com/climate/us/washington/seattle . That's why our PNW landclass ground textures are less green during the summer than in spring and fall.

Cheers, Holger

Hi, after getting out of the army in 1969 I spent most of my life in the Puget sound area But it's been about 15 years since I lived there.  I know what  you're saying but somehow my recollection doesn't have all that brown.  Our daughter lives on Whidbey Island so maybe we'll take another trip and I'll refresh my memory.  I've been thinking, for a few years, of spending a lot of time just making short flights in the PNW area.  With the last airport by Bill Womack I finally am doing it.  I spent a lot of time with FS9 and have all your programs.  You and I have spent some time discussing the dreaded double coastlines and you helped me with that.  Thanks again for your input here. 

Archived