AEC Why so many incorrect?

Is it just me?  Am I doing something wrong?  I've ran the tool but it still seems hit or miss if an airport is in a dip or crevice and that loading up an airport is the only way to verify.  I've went to 3 new Airports in the last day and all 3 were off.   While I like most features of Vector I'm beginning to wonder on the purpose of AEC or if I'm doing something wrong or missing something.  Lukla below for instance - VNLK.

Global Vector and Base... Default everything else in this area... P3D.

2018-7-22_19-56-2-946.png

Hello,

Lukla is very poorly represented in the default simulators.

It is in the wrong place and at the wrong elevation.

Here is a topic from a couple of years ago on the subject.

Unfortunately my screen shots were then hosted at fsfiles.org and with its demise,

they have been lost. The topic is still worth a read though.

Hi Nick

Thanks for the reply.  I can sort the problem out ok by disabling it.  I'm just wondering If I'm as well disabling all airports or if Vector should be run with an FTX LC for the inconsistencies to be less consistent.

Thanks again

As I understand it, Vector AEC is intended to correct anomalies that can be introduced

by adding a Pilot's mesh product.

Also, as I understand it, Pilot's made a database based on parameters which were based

on the accuracy of airport elevations in relation to their product.

The net result seems to be that AEC will be disabled by the auto configuration, based on the

Vector database and what is active in the scenery library.

If there are only default airports, none are disabled by the automatic function and if a

default scenery.cfg file is added and the auto configuration is run, all disabled airports are enabled again.

The basic rule seems to be that AEC will be disabled for add on airports, subject to the additional fact that not all

airports are in the Vector database.

It is my preference to disable AEC manually as and when I come across an anomaly caused by the AEC

and then save an ever growing profile. It works for me and is only a suggestion and not a recommendation.

That's what I've been doing for the past 7 months or so myself... The list increases as my tolerance decreases.  As most would be installing this on top of default it still leads me to wonder why...  I don't remember the installation as it's been a while but maybe there was an option not to use it.  I appreciate the replies.

Thank you

I am doing the same and to ease  the process I maintain that list by updating manually the profile with a source editor.

Very handy for each update of the NA and EU airports freeware packs where the AEC status is listed on the change log.

An idea to extend for each payware airport !

The format of the file is self explanatory...

Gérard

Archived