Frozen water is now working with P3D

kmax59

Hi all,

This is not a support request or a question but just a quick message to inform everyone that the frozen water option in vector is now working in Prepar3D from version 4.2 (or even 4.0?) without creating black patches in water areas.

I realized that last winter when P3D v4.2 was released and it seems everyone is still unaware of this so I hope it will be helpful :)

2018-3-19_11-17-58-816.png

2018-7-22_18-42-27-438.png

1 hour ago, Nick Cooper said:

You are very fortunate, it seems that for me and some others, it remains.

I can confirm this works for me, look at this picture, at the same place close to LSZH.
I guess this is a good news, it means there's something in my settings that probably allows this option to work correctly. That said, I told some friends to give it a try when I discovered that and it works for them as well... That's weird but it's worth a closer look.

2018-7-24_15-55-51-65.png

Does not work.

1. Frozen surface is meant to be used in Winter only. That is what Vector says;

2. For river areas it will cover them with ice textures but for some others there will be black squares;

3. In Zurich area, the rivers looked iced up but you will find black squares on Lake Zurich;

4. Tested in PAJN: no issue there because the frozen water is taken care of by Orbx;

5. Tested in PAFA: in winter the river is frozen but is taken over by regular autogen, so there are trees on the river. Summer in PAFA , the river is not frozen but because Vector frozen water is ticked trees will be shown all along the river.

Using 4.3 also. Fresh and complete install. (Objectflow.dll disabled)

Cheers,

Pierre

Thanks for your feedback Pierre, that's really weird. As we're two in our team who tested this, I definitely thought it was working for everyone.

There must be something that solves these issues for us but I can confirm I have none of them, erverything is displayed correctly with the option enabled, whatever is the season.

Archived