CityScene Barcelona: no Vela Hotel?

Hi all,

I have recently purchased CityScene Barcelona (do you need me to add TransactionID?) and I have noticed Vela Hotel, an iconic hotel in the beach, close to the industrial port, is not available.

I also have Aerosoft Barcelona Professional airport installed and I have unselected the Barcelona scenario there and also the Barcelona airport in the CityScene Barcelona configuration.

Any advice?

Thanks!

José

As this hotel is directly in the flight path, a semi-low poly version of the hotel has been created about a week ago and will be included in a coming update.   For performance reasons, we do not include high-polygon buildings in the Cityscene products as they are reserved for airport scenery where the POV is very slow or stopped completely.     High poly buildings would have too much performance impact on these dense Cityscenes.

8 hours ago, akriesman said:

For performance reasons, we do not include high-polygon buildings in the Cityscene products as they are reserved for airport scenery where the POV is very slow or stopped completely. High poly buildings would have too much performance impact on these dense Cityscenes.

I don't entirely get this explanation. According to some user revies, the static ships in the port are extremely detailed high-poly models and then such a POI that does not really need a lot of polys is an issue? I rather have less or low poly ships in the port at the expense of some more POI in the City.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 11:29 PM, akriesman said:

As this hotel is directly in the flight path, a semi-low poly version of the hotel has been created about a week ago and will be included in a coming update.   For performance reasons, we do not include high-polygon buildings in the Cityscene products as they are reserved for airport scenery where the POV is very slow or stopped completely.     High poly buildings would have too much performance impact on these dense Cityscenes.

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate that.

When will this update be available?

Best regards,

José

The update has to go through testing and should be available early next week.    It will include the an optional low-poly scenery option for higher speed flights, the W Hotel and a high polygon version of Montjuic Castle.   The Castle will only work in P3D as it is a converted public model and has too many polygons to convert to FSX.  It will be optionally disabled in the Control Panel.

Images....

W.jpg.3ce2ad6fde8d1009dd78047b4863d894.jpg

Castle (available for P3D only)

Castle.jpg.fa25d6ff0f907fabd20e445696e133e0.jpg

Archived