New Prepar3d V4 Install with ORBX

I just completed a new Prepar3d V4 install with a few ORX products.  I checked my and found many compressed zip folders like this one, (chkeeee0937-424e-45e8-bca9-c34041d4fbd1)  When I installed, I chose the option  such that I could select the installation destination.

What is the purpose of these folders? Can they be deleted?

Thanks,

Brad

I don' t have an answer to your exact issue but I am in the same boat so to speak.

Also reinstalled Prepar3d V4 earlier this week and have populated it with all ORBX packages i own (most) and also got Pilots Ultimate Mesh installed, and am getting more and more frustrated as I seem to have no end of altitude problems, blended ground polys between default and add ons..and no idea how to resolve this...

i.e in LOWI (ORBX)i see a blend of ORBX and default ground with most objects "sunken" by about say 50cm..?...same for Bilbao
in EKCH (fly Tampa) the a/c is "floating" about 1mtr from the ground and most buildings seem to be "sunken" by about 1 meter
in BAKU (DD) I am a good 5 meters below the ground
in LDDU (ORBX) I am a good 10 meters above the ground
in KSFO (Flight beam) I only see default building with most objects 50cm sunken.

I run AEC of Vector again, and again and again.. nothing seems to work..

Ideas?

Peter

26 minutes ago, PeterNielsen said:

I don' t have an answer to your exact issue but I am in the same boat so to speak.

Also reinstalled Prepar3d V4 earlier this week and have populated it with all ORBX packages i own (most) and also got Pilots Ultimate Mesh installed, and am getting more and more frustrated as I seem to have no end of altitude problems, blended ground polys between default and add ons..and no idea how to resolve this...

i.e in LOWI (ORBX)i see a blend of ORBX and default ground with most objects "sunken" by about say 50cm..?...same for Bilbao
in EKCH (fly Tampa) the a/c is "floating" about 1mtr from the ground and most buildings seem to be "sunken" by about 1 meter
in BAKU (DD) I am a good 5 meters below the ground
in LDDU (ORBX) I am a good 10 meters above the ground
in KSFO (Flight beam) I only see default building with most objects 50cm sunken.

I run AEC of Vector again, and again and again.. nothing seems to work..

Ideas?

Peter

I can add Imagine Sim KLGA to the list as well... this time a/c is sunken..

klga.jpg

Sir, I don't have your problems with these areas, but I would suggest that this is a mesh problem.  Anytime airplanes are floating above the ground or sunk into the pavement, you can almost be sure it's a mesh problem whereby the mesh is a higher resolution than the airport in question was designed for, especially true of Orbx products.

Stew

Hello.

It is far more likely to be an installation or scenery library problem.

Airports include a "flatten" which sets the airport elevation regardless of

any mesh that might be installed.

Mesh causes elevation anomalies around such flattened areas but cannot

affect the flattened areas itself because it has been excluded.

Elevation errors within airports can be caused by several things.

If the error is widespread, perhaps the default terrain and scenery are not active

or are misplaced in the scenery library.

Among other thing, this can disable the excludes.

The presence of a second active addon airport in the same place or incompatible

elevation adjustment files will cause elevation errors.

Some third party AI software adds airport files that are incompatible with certain addon airports.

I would also suggest manually disabling any Vector AEC for each of the airports that you are

complaining about, though your one screen shot is not typical of a problem with AEC but is typical

of there being at least two active airports in the same place, one possibly being created by AI software.

44 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello.

It is far more likely to be an installation or scenery library problem.

Airports include a "flatten" which sets the airport elevation regardless of

any mesh that might be installed.

Mesh causes elevation anomalies around such flattened areas but cannot

affect the flattened areas itself because it has been excluded.

Elevation errors within airports can be caused by several things.

If the error is widespread, perhaps the default terrain and scenery are not active

or are misplaced in the scenery library.

Among other thing, this can disable the excludes.

The presence of a second active addon airport in the same place or incompatible

elevation adjustment files will cause elevation errors.

Some third party AI software adds airport files that are incompatible with certain addon airports.

I would also suggest manually disabling any Vector AEC for each of the airports that you are

complaining about, though your one screen shot is not typical of a problem with AEC but is typical

of there being at least two active airports in the same place, one possibly being created by AI software.

Hi Nick,

Both the default Scenery and Texture are active and at the top of it all

There are no other add-ons in the areas as i just started reinstalling all airports after a total delete of P3D v3. and install of V4

I don't use any AI software as all my flying is on line on VATSIM

I would love to disable say KLGA in VECTOR AEC manually, but as Vector does not see any conflict the ICAO code does not show when typed hence cannot be chosen for any action.

here is my scenery cfg file..i need to nip this one asap as i already spent 2 days getting to where it is now.. and have some 400 addons to go...

Very annoying..

Peter

16 hours ago, bradrcfii said:

I just completed a new Prepar3d V4 install with a few ORX products.  I checked my * and found many compressed zip folders like this one, (chkeeee0937-424e-45e8-bca9-c34041d4fbd1)  When I installed, I chose the option  such that I could select the installation destination.

What is the purpose of these folders? Can they be deleted?

Thanks,Brad

Hello,

Hello,

can you fill in the missing words please.

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

if you attach the file, I will take a look if you wish.

Hi Nick

i sent the file did you spot anything strange?

I have today signed up for the fastlane and downloaded the latest object flow version and also some updates via the verification tool within FTX.

Now in Dubrovnik i see this ....it appears my A/C is not the only thing floating in midair as now also a static bus is doing the same...?

lddu.jpg

Thanks.

The only way that I can see that they could be placed there is if you selected

the P3D folder as your installation temp folder or the location for your product back up.

If that is the case P3D cannot see them, so they can be either moved or deleted.

Archived