Self support mesh component of ORBX scenery for XP11 ?

Hello,

A few weeks ago I added to my ORBX base the ENHA freeware scene and everything was fine. Since I upgraded to XP 11.20 and I got the message ' missing scenery area '.  The scene is always there but with a lot of water (cf screenshot), which was not the case after its installation.

I solved this problem by getting back missing dsf files in the  Global Scenery  folder of XP10. When such problems appear the proposal of the XP11 installer is disproportionate with the real need: some GB to download while some hundred MB would be necessary. It is almost half a continent which it is then necessary to download.

With XP10 the additional tiles are clearly much smaller then the idea to proceed to such an addition, what obviously is not very appropriate because XP10 and XP11 meshes are not completely identical, that of the XP11 being a little bit better.

Such problem, in my case, thus may come from the fact that XP11 saw  XP10 dsf files through a logical link, a link which did not resist to the suppression of XP10 a f.ew weeks after having installed ENHA.

It is however possible (in fact it’s a question) that this problem would also have appeared if the additional files had been physically present in XP11 because during the update 11.20 these additional files would probably not have been recognized and then deleted. The problem is then the self support of ORBX scenery concerning XP11 mesh data (?).

I am also interested in any idea allowing to avoid this kind of transfer when small meshes complements are required by XP11.

Excuse me if this topic is out of the expected scope. I don’t think but ….

Thank you very much for explanations.

Best regards

g.rio

DR401_CDI155_2.png

I have the freeware installed too. I am not having an issue. XP11.25 B1

I only can assume, as you haven't added a logfile, that you have some area which you did not installed mesh for. Either you haven't installed the whole XP11 scenery or you have a conflict between various meshes, like UHD, HDv4 and default XP. Eventually O4XP, which does have its own mesh too.

Hello,

Thank you for answering. It's clear I don't have loaded the entire world (only Europe and USA). The mesh is the one of UHD_global_scenery4. I also have some Ortho but not near EHHA. Now I would like to know if the hypothesis in my initial post are completely stupid or not ?  And what about the last part of this post ? I guess that loading the entire world is the solution to avoid such problems.

Best regards

g.rio

Hello Rio

The mesh question is not only related to ORBX. Any vendor hast its own issue. Not even XP related. Aerosoft and their sceneries struggle with same mesh issues when using default mesh, ORBX prducts or UT. The right elevation is essential for the object placement. The right order too. Coming back to XP11, XP10 and XP11 have different meshes. There is no mix'n match. Drop XP10 because most of the sceneries will be for XP11.

Make sure you have all libraries needed

OpenSceneryX

RD_Library

FF Library

World Models 0.8.0

RE_Library

RA_library

Handy Objects Library

R2_Library

3D People Library

NABS_Library

CDB_Library

A basic XP11 setup requires certain libraries to be installed and configured correctly. As 99% of all the freeware sceneries will be having those. Payware sceneries add their own. Sometimes in the wrong place.

Why you don't attach the log.txt and your scenery_packs.ini which is in your custom scenery folder. This way I can have a look at it.

Hello,

The log file and the scenery_pack.ini are in the box. Thank you for having a look. I repeat again that everything is fine when adding the +60+010 dsf file from XP10 (it was also fine after the installation of ENHA) and it is what I don't understand : it means (?) that the +60+010 file (from ORBX) mentionned in the log is not complete or has been corrupted. This mixing of dsf file is not a good thing.

Best regards

g.rio

Log.txt

scenery_packs.ini

Hello Rio

First install the complete XP11 scenery

Your scenery_pack.ini has a wrong sequence. This has to be fixed. You have meshes, objects, airports cluttered all over the place mixing up the different layers of XP. If you have not installed the 60+ degrees north by default, with the current sequence you likely will only see water and some streets.

You do understand how XP works?

There are three golden rules, which you always have to bear in mind.

1. There can only be one mesh

2. The highest level will always win.

3. The scenery_pack.ini reads bottom up.

Think on XP like it would be earth coming from the nucleus to the surface.

There is always the elevation model, the mesh first. Then over this mesh you place the ground textures, being this photo texture or "default" is irrelevant. then you place the objects on top of it, but for this you require some libraries which define the objects first. once this is done, you can add individual airports on the surface.

I tried to shape this about some years ago for beginners on XP in color  (Top down)

• Airports / Regional sceneries Airport collections...
  • Global Airports, Standard X-Plane Airports published by LR
  • OSM objects (e.g. World2XPlane)
  • Libraries, other addons (XP10). Libraries sequence is irrelevant in the scenery_pack.ini
  • Photoscenerie, I try not to use photomesh because not all come with a mesh. O4XP does come with its own mesh!
  • Mesh (Elevation) e.g. HD Scenery Mesh v4 von alpilotx or Aerosoft airports

I have taken your scenery_pack.ini and colored it

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a_KPDX - Portland International/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/a_LFLP Annecy Meythet/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_LFBO-Toulouse-Blagnac-06-08-14/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_LFLB Chambery-Aix/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_LFLE Challes-les-eaux/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_MTL/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_MTL_2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/aa_MTL_3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDDF Frankfurt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDLP Paderborn-Lippstadt/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDXH Helgoland - Airport/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EDXH Helgoland - Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - EGLL Heathrow/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - ENBR Bergen - Airport/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFMN Nice Cote d Azur X/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LFPO Paris Orly/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Aerosoft - LPFR Faro/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_APT1/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_APT2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_APT3/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_B/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_C/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_ARLINGTON_D/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/AFL_LIBRARY/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CYBD_A/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CYBD_B_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CYBD_C_Roads/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/BetiX - CYBD_D_Mesh/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Global Airports/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS Las Vegas Mc Carran/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KPDX - Portland International/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/MisterX_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_A_Barton_Manchester_City/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_EGCB_B_Barton_Overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Orbx_ENHA_A_Hamar_Flyplass/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ruscenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-1-extras/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-2-scenery/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/simHeaven_X-Europe-3-network/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Toulouse_OBJ/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Toulouse_OSM/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ZAFL_MESH_+48-123/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zPhotoXP_+43+001_16_Toulouse_XP10_2016-11-overlay/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zPhotoXP_+43+001_16_Toulouse_XP10_2016-11-terrain/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_Treelines_Farms_Europe_v2/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/zzz_uhd_global_scenery4/

I don't have my scenery_pack.ini handy. I have to check tonight. Anyway a few observations

- The two Demo Areas are special and don't stick to the concept. Old fashioned LR style

- I see you have Bergen airport but I wonder where the mesh did go.

Hope this explains it a bit

Hello,

Many thanks for the analyse and for the work you did. Now I will take time to understand and correct. Nevertheless another question : I launch XP by using SceneManager and  the scenery_pack,ini file being prepared by the SM soft why there is a wrong sequence ?

I guess this wrong sequence may occur when (de)activating scenes before launching SM ? Perhaps there are missing links or too many links ?

Your observation concerning the Bergen mesh is right : I forgot to activate it in SM. Excuse me but I have not understood the meaning of the first observation (Demos).

Concerning the loading of the entire world the problem is the size on disk ...

Again thank you very much.

Best regards

g.rio

Hi Rio

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KLAS Las Vegas Mc Carran/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KPDX - Portland International/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/KSEA Demo Area/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/LOWI Demo Area/

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - London/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/X-Plane Landmarks - Sydney/

Those go above Global Airports.

Old fashioned from XP10, LR place the below ;)

Regarding the global mesh

Check in your folder I:\X-Plane 11\Global Scenery\X-Plane 11 Global Scenery\Earth nav data\

You will need to figure our if you got folder +60+010\+60+011.dsf

Thats will be the indication you got the norway mesh installed

Hello,

After adding 18 dsf files (+60+010/+61+011) of about 93 MB everything is OK now but my first concern is remaining : why these dsf files are not coming with the ORBX downloading in a specific folder with a prefix z ? Most people cannot download all default XP11 sceneries ...

Thank you very much again for helping.

Best regards

g.rio

The default mesh and HD Mesh are not our files to distribute (They belong to LR etc) so they have to be downloaded separately.  Users should ensure they have the relevant default scenery installed for the area containing the airport. This is pretty much normal for X-Plane, and most publishers don't distribute default scenery with their addons.

Hello,

I understand and it's normal but I was confused because in downloaded ORBX folders some dsf files may be added and in some cases there is a specific folder with the z prefix. I thought it was fine to avoid the downloading of half a continent to complete a small area. What about these complementary dsf files added by ORBX ?

Best regards

g.rio

On 7/9/2018 at 8:52 AM, tonywob said:

The default mesh and HD Mesh are not our files to distribute (They belong to LR etc) so they have to be downloaded separately.  Users should ensure they have the relevant default scenery installed for the area containing the airport. This is pretty much normal for X-Plane, and most publishers don't distribute default scenery with their addons.

Correct. And if you are using HD Mesh V4 from Andras Fabian, then this is freeware which cannot be bundled into a Pay product. Case ENHA, being freeware, while it remains free, could of course be bundled with the HD Mesh, asking for author permission ;)

Archived