Installing Vector Somehow Affected My FTX Regions and Airports

Yeah, I always stayed away from Vector because of all the issues it used to have when I first purchased it. Figured what the heck, would be great to fly in my own part of the world and have some half decent scenery coverage... Well yeah, checked Valdez (PAVD) and the runway is completely gone along with the grass... Grass is gone at Homer (PAHO) but at least the runway textures are still there. How does an FTX product mess up another FTX product?

I'm running *NO* third party mesh at all.

Here's what I've done so far...
Made sure FTX  entries are below Tongass_Fjords_Lower_Priority  --->Click save
Made sure OpenLC entries are below FTX --->  Click save
Forced a Re-migration of the "LC-Lookup"
Clear Temp

Ran the Vector AEC tool automatic configuration, checked to make sure PAVD and/or PAHO were *NOT* in the enabled column.  Nothing, same result as in the attached images...

Please help. :( I really don't want to have to reinstall everything again just because the friggin terrain.cfg file gets messed up, which is my guess...

2018-6-28_0-51-48-393.jpg

2018-6-28_0-51-37-165.jpg

2018-6-28_0-52-28-666.jpg

I'm running Prepared 3D 4.2 Nick, that terrain.cfg file in Holgers post is from FSX in 2007... I couldn't find a terrain.cfg file anywhere in the OrbX folder, it doesn't get backed up, with all the huge amounts of additions to that file it doesn't get backed up..... Wow.

Disabling vector didn't help. Same outcome. I can't believe that terrain file doesn't get backed up, I'm lost for words.

Hello,

I think it  highly unlikely that the terrain.cfg file is in any way connected to your problem.

You might instead reinstall the two airports that you are having trouble with.

However, it you go to C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 and rename the terrain.cfg file to

terrain.cfg.off and start P3D, a new one will be created.

Then close P3D, run FTX Central for P3D v4 and wait until it has "Activated Orbx scenery", the Orbx entries

will be added again.

Ok, starting with a clean slate, I renamed terrain.cfg to terrain.cfg.off, deleted all my Orbx scenery files, removed all scenery entries from my P3Dv4 scenery library, removed the OrbX folder inside P3D v4 and the OrbX folder under C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Orbx. I then re-started P3Dv4 so it could build a new terrain.cfg file,  then reinstalled FTX Central 3. I have all my FTX products backed up on a 1TB SSD drive so it makes the re-install process very, very fast. I don't use any mesh so I'm going to install everything from the bottom up as according to OrbX's own scenery topology layer.

Hopefully I don't have to reinstall P3Dv4 by doing it this way.

Still the same issue. Could this be elevated please? Could we get a little more help regarding this?

I installed everything with the method as I stated above. After installing Global>Open_LC>Vector I then installed the FTX Southern Alaska region along with PAYA and PAVD from backup. As you can see PAVD has no runway textures or any grass, grass is checked in the FTX Central airport options for both PAYA and PAVD. However, PAYA *DOES* have taxiway, apron, parking and runway textures, but *NO* grass.

Does FTX Central download a *SPECIAL* version of these airports if Vector is installed?
Are there any other directories that FTX Central uses other than the default OrbX directory in the simulators base directory and the \AppData\Local\Orbx?

Is there a compatibility issue between Vector and OrbX FTX regional airports???

For the amount of money I've spent I'm kind of upset regarding this.

2018-6-28_16-36-48-14.jpg

2018-6-28_16-39-9-387.jpg

2018-6-28_16-40-1-511.jpg

Hello,

there is a problem with the latest objectflow module and earlier versions of P3D v4.

I attach a copy of the earlier version of the module.

Please place it into  C:\Users\your name\AppData\Local\Orbx\FTXCentral\v3.3.0.5

and let it overwrite.

Restart P3D and see if there is an improvement.

I would suggest also that you delete the ORBX\User documents\Versions text files for 

PAYA and PAVD and run Install product in FTX Central for each of them.

All the files will be checked and updated if necessary. 

Orbx_ObjectFlow_x64.dll

Well that worked Nick!!! :)

I don't know if it was the new Object Flow .DLL file or downloading a fresh copy of PAVD instead of installing from my backup, but it worked. I don't like straining the OrbX servers and that's why I use a backup normally when doing a complete new install.

Thanks again Nick, if there's any other issues I'll post them, but as of right now I have the runway textures and grass working correctly!

Cheers
Have a great night. :)

Archived