I don't think England is supposed to look like this

Hi,

First please lets confirm the below basics.

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then if that doesn't work, please see the below topic.

Cheers

Doug

Please check from the P3Dv4 in game top of screen under Options/Add-ons that ObjectFlow2 is checked enabled.

Please check that “Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4” in FTXC3 settings is checked enabled.

Also, maybe reinstall the Orbx Libs by going to your P3Dv4\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS .txt" file, and then reinstall the Libraries from FTXC3.

Don't worry about the Insertion tool if you don't have any 3rd party addons....I would next reinstall the Orbx Libs as per below..

reinstall the Orbx Libs by going to your P3Dv4\Orbx\User Documents\Versions folder and delete the "FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS .txt" file, and then reinstall the Libraries from FTXC3.

Agreed but as this is the only way to make FTX Central distinguish between products that are installed and those that are not,

FTX Central cannot show the libraries as installed if that file is missing.

To Peter, any changes you make do not take effect until FTX Central has been closed and restarted.

Yes, ........well......until I re-installed. Flying around home, terrain looks good except for flat grey where snow would be on mountains. Heading over to GB to check if library re-install fixed anomalies

edit. Uploaded  grey snow pic, computer shut down. (Blue screen of death) re-started, uploaded again, upload failed. 3rd time the charm. Firing up P3d again and heading for old Blighty.

greysnow.jpg

Things are working much better. Thank you gentlemen. I am pretty impressed with the virtually real-time help. One more question: what are the specs of the computer used in your booth in Las Vegas?

better.1.jpg

better.jpg

Good to hear Peter! :)

The PC at the booth in Vegas was powered by an Intel i7 8700K CPU, and a GTX 1080Ti GPU, with a sata SSD and a 4K monitor (it was provided by JetLine Systems just to use for the show). I was there playing with it. :)

Cheers

Doug

Archived