What Do I Do Wrong?

Muder

Hello, I'm a new ORBX customer(actually purchased today), but I'm having scenery issues. I can't be sure if I installed FTX Global Base correctly and that it is working. Before I explain the issue in details I must state that I messed up texture and scenery while trying to install REX, completely messed it up that simulation loading screen got stuck in ''loading terrain data'' and I had to uninstall the game to fix it. That also did not fix it completely, even though I made a clean uninstall from steam and even deleted the every piece of game data that was left like save games, etc by myself. The terrain and every piece of land in the game like mountains and stuff was black or in bizarre colours after installing the game again. I made a search to find a fix, and removed the scenery.cfg in the ProgramData folder to force FSX to download scenery again. That worked and fixed the terrain and scenery issue.

After that I purchased and installed FSX Global Base. At this point the game was working fine and REX was not installed. However I am getting a Scenery.cfg error but the game starts and plays fine(provided screenshot). Global Base was installed successfully and I could even see ORBX files in the scenary library in the game. But the problem is, Global Base did not change any of the textures or scenery. I could see that it is installed in the FTX Central client, the files are there and selected in the scenery library but the scenery did not change.  Below, I provided some screenshots to make it easier for you to help me. The ingame screenshot is from near the LAX Airport Los Angeles, which I thought is a good place to test it. Please help me figure out what am I doing wrong and is it supposed to look like that. Any help is much appreciated. 

1sc.png

2sc.png

3sc.png

Hi, Welcome to the forums

Please navigate to the  #120 scenery library entry of the ingame scenery library and delete it. This will remove the error in your first image.

FTX Global base does appear to be installed correctly in your second image.

To remove the black squares in your third image, please uncheck the "Preview DirectX 10" option in the FSX Graphics settings.

Cheers

Doug

8 hours ago, Doug Sawatzky said:

Hi, Welcome to the forums

Please navigate to the  #120 scenery library entry of the ingame scenery library and delete it. This will remove the error in your first image.

FTX Global base does appear to be installed correctly in your second image.

To remove the black squares in your third image, please uncheck the "Preview DirectX 10" option in the FSX Graphics settings.

Cheers

Doug

Thank you for the reply. I will do all of them, but other than the black squares, do you think the textures and the scenery looks updated in the 3rd image to you? Because I feel like global base is not really installed and the scenery still looks quite bad. 

Archived