PC crashes while trying to download Vector

I have downloaded base, and lc Europe but when i try to download vector , it gets to about 42 % then stops on extracting sub chunks, then when i try to exit FT central my PC crashes , and nothing is responsive , what is causing this ? i am installing on my Data drive not in program files, running windows professional 7 

Hi, welcome to the forums

I would recommend opting into FastLane and upgrading to the newest version of FTXC3 as per the below topic.

Then,

Go to FTX Central 3 Settings.

Click on the “Clear Temp” Button.

Click on “Save”.

Restart FTXC3, and try again.

You can also explore the below alternate manual download methods..

Please use a download manager for the below manual methods. Below is a good free DL manager, just beware in case it wants to install additional antivirus/malware like a lot of freeware does these days.   https://www.freedownloadmanager.org/   Browser extension DL managers do not work for this.

Alternatively, you can also use a download manager (to help avoid corrupt downloads) such as IDM and do a manual download from your Orbx Direct account web page (this is where a download manager works great) and click on the account button top of page, then find and click on the product info, and in the bottom line small print there is a manual download option, down load it and save it in a named folder, then open FTXC3 and select it, and click on the orange "installation options" and select "Install from my manually downloaded .zip". as per the below links.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/127395-manual-download-of-products/

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/125435-how-to-install-from-an-orbx-direct-downloaded-zip-file/

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug im still having major problems with installing vector. ive done what you said and opted in fastlane, but i am having no joy installing vector, i uninstalled base and open lc ,and tried again it installed both with no problems, then tried to download and install vector, it goes so far with the installation then stops and my PC freezes and nothing is responsive again.. i thought i would try again but this time opted out of fast lane, again base and open lc downloads and installs , but vector will not, so i have to turn my pc off and turn back on again, and when i click on FTX central ,Base starts to begin downloading again even though its already installed?? what is going on here ? its really frustrating now. i tried to clear Temp and save and this is what im getting?

Untitled.png

Hi Simon

It looks like you may be running out of free drive space for this install...

Orbx products are downloaded and unzipped to your C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\Temp folder and sometimes need up to 3x their install size before they get installed to the simulator location, then after the install is complete they are removed from your C:\ drive.  You can move the temp folder to a drive with more space using the option in the new version FTXC3 under the settings tab.

Cheers

Doug

Doug  please help  me mate, first i will tell you what i have done , first i have compleatly  removed /uninstalled my p3d all ORBX files from all drives, removed FTX central  basically  started again from scratch. first i  reinstalled my P3D, then i re downloaded and installed FTX central (still opted in fast lane)   updated to the fastlane i then went to settings and changed my TEMP ORBX files to my DATA E drive which has 2.72 terabyte storage. then downloaded ORBX libarys and installed with no problems, next downloaded ORBX base ,it downloaded files extracted fine went alway through installing then would stay on it and i can see it jumping from clean up to installing and would not do anything else just stay there on 100%, so now i am having problems installing BASE let alone LC and VECTOR .what am i doing wrong ?? 

Kind regards 

Simon.

Doug ..listen mate its just not happening with downloading and installing Vector, i have tried and tried to install it but it just wont, i dont know what is going on with it and have come to the end of my tether with it, now everytime i start FTX central i get this (attachment ) even though lc is installed it starts to scan it again and vector is queued all the time, it just wont download and install . and beleive me i have waited and waited to see if it will download and install but it just will not do it, what is going on here i dont understand and im very frustrated by all this now as i want to fly my P3D with Base LC and Vector as i have paid for the software. there must be something either im doing wrong or something else ,i need a solution to this problem ASAP please.

orbx.png

Hi Simon

Please delete the Users\name\AppData\Local\Orbx\Metadata contents, and the %temp%\Orbx\ng contents, and this should allow you to start clean again.

Also, what are your settings as per the below image?

Settings.PNG

Archived