Low and slow and old

DunRingill

Hi!

I just want to say thank you for this great scenery! In my opinion the best ever released for any version of FS :) There are some things I have noticed which I really like. First the scenery looks great with less autogen (max autogen set to 400, then set to dense in FS). This is perfect for my stone-age PC (P4 3,6 with ATI850 256 Mb and 2 Gb RAM). And perhaps the best thing with FTX in my opinion is that everything is properly scaled! This gives a much better sense of speed, and most important a much much better sense of altitude! This is something I've always felt was lacking from any scenery I've tried in the past. And offcourse, screenshots doesn't do it justice, it has to be seen in motion  :)

Thanks again! /Magnus

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks!  :) Yes, I've always thought FS looked best in late afternoon or early evening. And now with FTX, it looks much better at night too! With the pointlights and brilliant nighttextures. Sweet! I think I've always used FS more like a "nature simulator" or "landscape simulator". I've always focused more on how to make it look as realistic as possible more than counting rivets or reading 500-pages FMC manuals  :)  /Magnus

Interesting ... when I met with ACES last November I told them the "new" demographic for FSX/FS11 would be the explorer - not the tubeliner jockey. Thing is, people need interesting and immersive places to explore. We believe FTX will make more people want to explore the world rather than conquer FMC manuals :)

Interesting ... when I met with ACES last November I told them the "new" demographic for FSX/FS11 would be the explorer - not the tubeliner jockey. Thing is, people need interesting and immersive places to explore. We believe FTX will make more people want to explore the world rather than conquer FMC manuals :)

I'm sure the airliner pilots don't mind having a detailed landscape below them as well. Nice to look at while they're taking reading breaks from the FMS manual ;D.

Archived