KPDX has terrain all over the airport

Hi, I recently purchased FTX Global and the PNW regions and today i went to check out the Portland airport and found terrain all over the place with sunken runways and structures etc.  I've seen that happen with AI traffic but it didnt affect my gameplay so whatever.  Anyway I have looked into this question here and found that the AEC tool might fix this problem but it sounds like its tied up in the global vector add-on.  

Is this the only fix? I really shouldnt have to purchase an additional add-on to fix existing ones.. 

Thanks

A quick answer/fix will be:

Because it has changed the airport height, it needs and uses an elevation adjustment file,

to be found at scenery\world\scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_elevation_adjustment.BGL.

More information about this issue:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/154178-kpdx-workaround/

As final coment you should be checkr this ORBX freeware for improve your Cityscape Portland area:

https://orbxdirect.com/product/cityscapeportland

Polo

I'll check out the workaround soon thanks,  I believe I have the cityscape Portland.  Either I downloaded it already or it came with PNW, I think I remember reading that in the product details.  

*okay so I read that link already on my own, I'll have to check it in detail but it starts by tallong about using the vector control panel and I mentioned in my OP that i dont own it.  And I shouldnt have to own it just to fix a payware that should be working as intended on it's own.  But I'll check into it deeper when I'm home.  Thank you.

Hello,

you will need to read it again to see this line.

My attempt to disable the AEC in the Vector Control panel failed because it is not listed in either column.

It means that Vector has nothing to do with this problem.

You do not need Vector to solve the problem.

The topic that you read contains a solution for an entirely different problem created by the customer himself.

9 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

you will need to read it again to see this line.

It means that Vector has nothing to do with this problem.

You do not need Vector to solve the problem.

The topic that you read contains a solution for an entirely different problem created by the customer himself.

Okay, well.  I dont even know what an AFCAD is. Nor how to alter it. Or create flatten polygons?  I am not a designer or advanced user.  I have only installed orbx global range and pnw and this problem has occurred.  Is the fix the same? Disable my kpdx airport files?  I'm not even sure how to do that.. delete them from the scenery folder?  

I did a full reinstall, seems to have leveled the airport out properly but reduced the quality of some of the terrain in the area immediately at the airport.  (Default grass etc) had to run off to work before I could check it out in greater detail but I wanted to mention that the elevation problem seems solved.  Cheers.

Archived