Ice lakes out of season FTX AUS

turbo9

Hi Nick!

Below are two screen shots taken at S30 latitude and today's date 5-27-18.  I also changed date and seasons and always ice unless season is summer.  I slewed across the landscape at that latitude and it seems consistent.    I am using FTX recommended FSX settings do that cannot be the issue and I have frozen surfaces checked off in FTX control panel.

ICE_2.jpg

ICED_1.jpg

Thanks Holger!

Never too old to learn!  Fascinating.  It seems they permeate that whole southern region.  But, they appear as water when I select the "summer" season!  How can that be correct?

Hi Craig,

the switch to "fully flooded" is our attempt at approximating the wet season (officially, GeoSceience Australia classifies these lakes as "intermittent", not permanently dry). I suspect that most of these salt pans never completely fill with water but, in FSX, on/off are the only options for a water polygon.

In the upcoming new version of FTX Australia we'll keep the salt/clay pans dry year-round with an option in the control panel to switch them to "flodded", if and when the user prefers to.

Cheers, Holger

Wow!  That is truly fascinating.  The level of realism far exceeds anything I remotely expected.   I am sure pleased with all the modules I have purchased so far.

Archived