A Tip for all the Newbies.

Dadtom65

This is for all the Newbies that have just found the life of Orbx and anyone who does not know about this. If you do a search on Orbx, don’t ask me where as I can never find stuff anyway. Do a search for a KMZ file called Orbx Freeware and Payware combined. You then have to install the file into Google Maps. There’s probably some one better than me to explain all this. When you open Google Maps think you have to go to my saved places and then maps. When you open this up you will see all the Orbx Airports around the world that are either Payware, the blue balloon type thing or Freeware, the red type balloon. Look at all those red freeware Airports and those have been updated slightly by Orbx. There’s loads of them. Enjoy. Derek.

Yes, this is an excellent tip for the newbies! Here's a link to the map, which I keep bookmarked: ORBX Freeware and Payware Combined. From there, you can also download the KML file for the map, which can be opened and saved to "My Places" in Google Earth. (The map is updated periodically to include new releases, so, if you choose to download the file to use in Google Earth, check back from time to time to see if the map has been updated so that you can download the latest version.) It's a very useful resource.

You can find Orbx's extensive and excellent freeware collection at this page. Most of the freeware airports on the map linked above are part of the FTX Global NA Airport Pack or the FTX Global EU Airport Pack.

Thanks guys for the tips on how to find the files. Plus I meant to mention about the AirDailyX.Net map that shows all the Airports ever created by other Companies besides Orbx for FSX and P3D. That is also very useful. That one is easy all you do is bookmark the site. Derek.

Archived