Terrain textures completely messed up

kityatyi

Hello!

P3D V4.2, ORBX FTX Global, FTX Vector, OpenLC NA in use.

My terrain textures in California only are completely messed up for some reason.

Last night I took off from Phoenix bound for San Francisco, everything was fine when departing and in the area near KPHX but later I started to notice the anomalies that were present all the way until landing in KSFO. Then I checked out the wider area, and the same texture bug is seen around KLAX and KSAN. However, everything is fine around KPHX, KSLC, KDEN and KSEA so it looks like California (or parts of) is affected. I do not use any custom product for California. only the above mentioned Open LC North America.

In the area, the following airports are installled: Flightbeam KSFO, LatinVFR KSAN and FSDT KLAX (the latter one was not installed when I first saw the terrain issue). I tried the fresh terrain.cfg resolution as explained in another thread dealing with "morphing", but it did not help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

Report half way through:

Insertion points were set correctly - although the FTX entries were at the top and not below the lowest of my 3rd party add-on products. Changed it accordingly, didn't help. Uninstalled OpenLC NA, checked, and behold, issue is gone. So at least we know that is was something related to OpenLC NA. Currently re-downloading it, will post here my findings after the re-install, fingers crossed it will install correctly and not show the same artefacts.

I have not used my FlightSim for a while but yesterday I noticed exactly the same problem with the messed up textures. In my case in Germany (North and South). I suspect the latest Windows update and hope that reinstalling will solve the problem.

Axel

Archived