FTX Central

ZK-ART

Hi,  have downloaded FTX Global Base Pack and FTX Global Vector today  - apparently OK, but could not find any trace in the scenery files - where had they gone??

spoke to ZKBOB who had a look thru Teamviewer and equally at a loss and suggested a complete uninstall of FSX and all Orbx files. A year ago I uninstalled the box version of FSX and installed the Steam version.  I also bought a new computer that had a 225gb SSD and 1tb hard drive..  left programs on the SSD and moved data to the Hard drive ..

later, checked the Forum for uninstall Orbx which recommended opening FTX Central to change some settings ..  when I did an error message 'an unexpected error occurred  please send Orbx staff the %LocalAppData%\Orbx\ftxc3.log   -  this is attached … 

I will hold off doing anything more until I hear what this means ...

thanks and regards

Arthur

ftxc3 log 23052018.txt

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

Here is your error message:

[2018-05-23_09-07-18-AM 3.2.5.7] - System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX-SE\scenery.cfg'.

and here is the solution.

Hi,

further to my previous topic on this subject, I noted the -automatic?? - reply which told me to use a Registry program to fix the problem ..

however, I am over 80, am not a computer geek, and do not know how to use a registry fix program  ..

the reply completely ignored my question re the scenery downloads - 9 in total, 3 demo's, NZ North, NZSouth, NZQN, NZMF, FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector - that I have made which did not appear in the FSX scenery files - where did they go??  am unable to find  ….  FSXSE was selected and FTX Central was used for all downloads - had no error messages from the downloads ...

I have subsequently completely uninstalled FSXSE and reinstalled it.  I have  deleted the Orbx FTX Central folder and reinstalled it ..  

have still got the same error and FTX Central closes.   the folder it is looking for has not been created by the re-installation of FSXSE - who does create it??

I would certainly appreciate some assistance in resolving these situations ..

thanks ,  Arthur

Hi Arthur, I have merged your two posts together, so there is no need to start another thread.  :)

The below topic created by Nick has instructions on how to use the registry fix tool. The downloaded files will be in an ORBX folder located in your main FSX folder, but you will need to use the registry fix tool so FTXC3 can write them to the correct scenery.cfg file....because when you uninstalled the boxed version, leftovers were left behind along with old registry entries and FTXC3 is probably writing the scenery entries to the old scenery.cfg which is not connected to your new FSXSE install.

So please use the FSX Registry Utility found a this link  https://www.tweakfs.com/store/free_tools.php  and use the "Set Path" option and point it to your FSXSE installation.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Doug,

thanks very much, it worked like a treat and all is now well with the FSX and Orbx world!!

am really impressed with the difference in the scenery - worth every penny!

also impressed with the service from Orbx - thanks again

regards ..  Arthur

Archived