YBRM different coloring to screenshots.

Loadhaul

Hey everyone, I hope this is in the correct category.

I just picked up Broome and found the colors that appear on my system are different to the realistic ones previewed. 

I have FTX AU, Vector and Global installed on P3D V4.2 with no other water/terrain tweaking addons installed. Is this possibly caused by P3D settings?

My system:2018-5-22_20-28-20-772.thumb.jpg.873bbd1c9ba20fb404faae05102caf6b.jpg

Preview shots: Notice the dark water I have and the lighter water showed as of real life. Dirt is slightly different too. 

image.thumb.png.f6ec158e413c49b16435d085503e5eec.png

I don't mean to complain about anything, I'm just wondering if this is normal for this scenery in P3D. 

Thanks!

Hi,

Only the water very close to the shoreline in a few spots is PR in the Broome scenery, so the majority of the water you are comparing will either be default water or water textures upgraded by REX or a similar program.  It is quite likely REX textures were installed for the screenshots, as I understand the screenshot artists use this, and that is disclosed in multiple posts.  Even the water that is PR is designed to blend in seamlessly with default water, so it will also have some transparency.

Another thing to note is that there are many, many factors which will affect colouring in anyone's simulator.  Systems colour, temperature, brightness settings, resolution, graphics card colour, temperature, brightness settings, simulator colour and brightness settings, time of day in the sim, season in the sim, weather in the sim, 3rd party texture and shader addons etc....

If you had all the same water textures, and matched all the above settings on the same hardware, then your screenshots "might" look as they do in the screenshots.

Cheers,

Archived