Dual Bridges in Rio De Janeiro with payware scenery

Hello,

After installing Paulo Ricardo scenery Mega Rio De Janeiro and Natal City Pack 5, I noticed I have two bridges in Rio De Janeiro.

Dual_Bridges_in_Rio.jpg

After searching for this, I found several posts that recommend setting specific bridge files to .OFF. I would like to try this, but I don't know which file to turn OFF in my Vector folder.

I'm hoping someone here can help me identify the appropriate file...

Hi,

It is not related to OpenLC_SA.  When using Paulo Ricardo's Rio you will need to do the following:

Uncheck the Rio entry in the scenery library.  This removes the aerial image which is present in the default scenery.

Go to "FSX/P3D main folder\Scenery\0405\scenery" and disable "OBX36400.bgl" by adding.off to the end of the file.  This will remove double objects throughout the scenery.

Cheers,

5 hours ago, Scott Harmes said:

Hi,

It is not related to OpenLC_SA.  When using Paulo Ricardo's Rio you will need to do the following:

Uncheck the Rio entry in the scenery library.  This removes the aerial image which is present in the default scenery.

Go to "FSX/P3D main folder\Scenery\0405\scenery" and disable "OBX36400.bgl" by adding.off to the end of the file.  This will remove double objects throughout the scenery.

Cheers,

Thank you Scott and IGAL.

That did it!

Just curious, how do you find that the OBX36400.bgl file is the problem? There are so many to choose from that I can't imagine  you each one, one by one, until you finally find it...

Is there a list of files that corresponds to a particular area?

4 hours ago, FlyBlueSkies said:

Just curious, how do you find that the OBX36400.bgl file is the problem? There are so many to choose from that I can't imagine  you each one, one by one, until you finally find it...

Is there a list of files that corresponds to a particular area?

Hi,

I actually googled it and found the issue.

I googled "paulo ricardo rio double statues" and there was a result at the top from another website with the answer.  I tested that and then passed the info on to you.

You can use a program called ADE (Airport Design Editor) to search through the APX files with corresponding numbers.  For example, Santos Dumont is the closest airport to the statue, so if you searched ADE for that airport, the program would tell you that Santos Dumont Airport is in a file called APX36400, along with a number of other airports in the area.  The APX number and OBX number. along with other files in that directory with the same number, will correspond to each other.  There is 

APX36400, BRX36400, cvx3640, OBX36400, and these will all contain different portions of the scenery associated with their file types.

To be honest my next try was going to be another file called "riodejan.bgl" which is in "E:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\Scenery\SAME\scenery", and that may have knocked the statue out, but probably would have affected other required objects also.

Cheers,

Archived