display problem "na pacific northwest Package"

gkeefe

GK-ORBX LTR DTD 15 MAY 2018

To:         ORBX Direct

Reference:          (a)          Transaction ID-5af31370103b5

Subj:      Help with "NA Pacific Northwest Software" Package and Freeware Package "2S1 Vashon Island Airport

11.      Purchased the subject ORBX Direct package "NA   Pacific Northwest Package" on 05 May 2018 (TRANSACTION ID 5af31370103b5)  Installed on my HP Pavilion with Windows 10 Home addition, 64 bit, x64 based processor, NVIDA GeForce 940MX GRAPHICS.  I installed to my flight simulation application, MS FSX STEAM EDITION  with no issues and the FSX Steam ran using the new sceneries from the subject package.  I also downloaded and installed the Freeware Package "2S1 Vashon Island Airport".

22.      I noticed the following display issues during my usage of the new scenery packages.

a.      The Bremerton Airport graphics, KPWT, did not display the highway (RT3) adjacent to the North of the airport.  It did show highway traffic moving along, however, it was transiting on top of the area trees and foliage.  The road was nowhere to be found.

b.      The area at the Bremerton Naval Shipyard was displayed as an enclosed body of water (did not look much like water).  Wondering how the several large Aircraft Carriers got there.  In reality, that area is Sinclair Inlet and connects to the Puget Sound directly and supports scheduled State Ferry transport to and from Seattle.

c.      When flying from Vashon Island to Bremerton (KPWT)  there was no water displayed.  Vashon Island is just that, an island, and I would assume surrounded by water.  Not the case when I ran the simulation, just solid land from Vashon Airport to Bremerton (KPWT).

33.      I probably did something wrong during the installation.  If you have any ideas as to what I have done wrong, please advise.  I did use FTX Central 3 to load into FSX.

Respectfully,

George Keefe, US Navy Submarine Service Retired

Sir, Welcome to the forums.  You don't state whether you have installed the Orbx Libraries.  That would be a good place to start.  You can access them via FTX Central and selecting FTX Global Range.  You will see the gif for the Libraries in the right-hand panel.  Click on the picture and proceed with the installation.  Let us know how things work out.

Cheers!

Stew

Thank you for the very quick reply.   I will do as you suggest.  I did not know that I should install the FTX Global Range.  I will do as you recommend tomorrow...I will let you know if that does the trick.  Again, thank you.

Respectfully,   George Keefe

ps. do I need FTX Global Base Pack and/or FTX Global OpenLC North America???

I understand now!!  At least I think I do!  I appreciate the help.  Got to keep in mind that I am a dumb, retired Navy Sailor..Not a former flyer.  LOL

Thank you everyone!!!!   Your guidance worked!!  After installing the Orbx Libraries, the NA Pacific Northwest Package loaded and displayed correctly.  My original problem was simply a case of my not knowing exactly how to install the Orbx packages.  For some reason, I missed observing the detail installation procedures and did not realized the library install was a prerequisite to installing and proper execution of the NA Pac NW Package.   If anyone can point me to the precise location of the proper install procedures and proper steps, in the proper order, I will certainly be very grateful.  I will study them in detail.   I do not wish to make such an error in the future.

Again, thank you all!   Your rapid, response and expert advice was fantastic!

Very Respectfully,

George Keefe, Captain US Navy Submarine Service, Retired

Hi George

The only other info you should need to move forward would be what I call the FTXC3 Routine, this is just a process to be cognizant of and perform now and when adding other sceneries in the future...the routine is as follows;

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option. (This is usually only required to be done once, but is harmless to repeat)

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if you have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Below are also how to guides for your reference.

Cheers

Doug

Doug,

Thank you for the help!  For me it is a bit confusing with all the classes of ORBX products,  Global, Vector, openLC, regional sceneries, etc.. As one progresses through the improvement of the simulation program, is there any recommended order of installation.....Global first, Vector next and so on and so on????  I really do not know how to proceed in an efficient manor.  I am also retired and wish to spend my money efficiently.  It appears that each product seems to improve the proceeding product and improve on scenery graphics.  Another possible question, is what kind of computer is required to handle all these improvements.  Pretty soon I could be overloading my notebook.

Regards,  George

George 

Order of installation does not matter, Orbx products will always be installed to the correct location by FTXC3. Getting to understand all the ins and outs does take a bit of time at first and it would be very easy to overload you with info that would not make any sense by reading it, so just take your time and explore the forums. And yes your notebook may get overwhelmed very quick unless it is a high end gaming laptop. There are many different PC combinations being used and many of us display our PC specs in our signatures.

Below is a very informative topic on Orbx products and Nick has attached a definitive guide in his #6 post that although is outdated should help explain things a bit better.

Cheers 

Doug

Doug,

Thank you again for all you great info.  I will start reviewing it all.   I will not bother you again.  At least for now!!!   LOL  

Regards!!!

George Keefe

If you are only flying in the PNW area, you only need the PNW region package (+libraries).

If you are flying outside the PNW area, Orbx Global will make the rest of the world look similar to PNW.  (worth having IMHO)

If you want better landclass detail in North America (outside PNW),  NA landclass will give you that..

Archived