Crashes while loading scenario at 6%

Hi, 

I just downloaded and installed FTX Global through FTX Central 3 and now when i go to load a scenario, it crashes at 6% every time. I've waited 30 minutes and it remains at 6%. This never happened before installing FTX Global and it's got me freaked out.  Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks,

Pete

Hi There!

I posted this like 5 days ago and got nothing but crickets...

My sim went from running like a well oiled machine to non-functional after installing FTX global through FTX central 3. After realizing I was on my own, I spent some time dinking around in the scenery files and got nowhere.  For some reason the sim kept hanging up at 6% and I was always forced to use the task manager to close P3D.  Since I couldn't access the scenery library,  I then tried using the uninstall function in FTX central but all it did was start the download process over (WHAT...?) It was starting to look like I would have to embrace the horror of reinstalling P3D along with every single add on (a tough pill to swallow).  Luckily, after a few more torturous hours I was finally able to make some headway.  I found that by using the "delete generated files" shortcut in the P3DV4 main folder, I could finally get a scenario to load up again. There must have been something wrong with the scenery.cfg file. I Then spent the next few hours reinstalling all of my add-on scenery to finally get back to the point I was at before installing FTX global. I considered this to be a huge victory despite the money lost. From what I've heard, Orbx support is usually fantastic so this was certainly a fluke, no big deal.. I accept that it's a gamble when installing new scenery.

Just thought i'd share this for others that might be having the same issue. 

BTW - I have had Orbx northern and southern california installed for a very long time and they have never given me problems.  I must say that is some very impressive scenery! I have no beef with Orbx, I just got unlucky this time and i'm not the best troubleshooter...

Cheers,

Pete

Hello,

thank you for the feedback.

Sometimes, when a simulator seems to have stopped and refuses to

load any further, it can be because there is a hidden error message waiting to be acknowledged.

Your problem seems to have been with P3D rather than an Orbx product, nevertheless I apologise

for not at least replying.

• 1 month later...

Hello, same is happening to me, exactly at 6% it will take 10-15 minutes to load after that. No hidden message. I can't definitely say it is Orbx causing it, but indeed the issue starts with it's huge scenery. Unchecked all scenery and started checking and trying one by one after that. After trying with PNW it starts getting slow, after that I can't really say, but PFJ, NR, Wales and all it's airdromes do their share of load and 6% remains for more than 10 minutes again.

I tried deleting shaders and Prepar3d.cfg and updating Nvidia and Java before going one-by-one on sceneries.

The worst loading time is with a huge area scenery, like PNW+KFHR for example. Loading a South American payware airport does not bring the problem, though I have FTX Global, Vector and South America OLC.

Is there another workaround or possible solution?. P3D and all sceneries are installed on the same SSD, i74770k, 16gb Ram, GeForce980ti, Windows 10 64bit.

Thanks

Ignacio

Archived