Black squares

Bev Penny

Hi Bev

Have you recently added a scenery,  a third party one?

Is this happening everywhere or just in an specific area?

Could you post a sample image, pls?

You just provide too little information

I once that that and it was due to a third party addon. I would like to see how your image looks like, maybe it is the same case and I could help.

Cheers

Thanks for the picture

It indeed looks awful, it seems like in those black squares should go trees or houses...

But even the terrain looks kind of messy like a mix of orbx and default.

Unfortunately I cannot help as this is not what happened to me, I have not a clue of how to fix this strange issue but be patient, someone with more knowledge from Orbx will be assisting soon.

Regards

I suspect that as you are running on FSX, this is an old issue related to using the FSX DX10 preview mode. 

Try switching FSX back to DX9 mode (untick DX10 Preview), restarting the app and see if the problem goes away.

If this fixes the issue and you want to run in FSX in DX10 Preview mode,  try installing 'Steves DX10 Scenery fixer'; (which is an absolute must for FSX), and your problem with the black blocks should go away. You have to remember that the DX10 Preview mode was at best a half-baked solution, and Steve's utility helped many of us resolve a large number of the problems that were baked into it.  

Terry

Archived