True Earth Netherlands in Several Files To Make Download Easier

simdown42

Hi 

Probably too much to ask but I have a very slow download speed and 70 gigs at once will take days even with a download manager.. I would love to buy True Earth Netherlands. Is there a possibility ORBX could give an option of say 10 or so 7gig zips  which can be extracted somehow to make it easier to download for us poor souls with a slow internet? Something like Lockheed P3D which has an option for a full or 12 or so parts download.

Thanks

simdown42:  I also suffer from slow download speeds, and it took nearly 4 days to get the manual download completed.  

I too would like something like your proposition to get a region down in manageable chunks....or that Orbx sell their next region on separate media, USB stick or similar.  Even if we have to send the media to them, so as not to lumber them with a new cost centre. 

Also the additions over time will take up a huge amount of computer space so it would be better to have the new regions on detachable hardware.

Hello guys,

Nick has explained that in General Discussion - New Nethlerand Scenery HD - Attentention - very big file! Post 5

3. This version of FTX Central also acts as a download manager and if the download is

interrupted, it will resume where it left off. This includes having to reboot an unresponsive PC.

If your internet connection is slow and/or unreliable, this download will take a very long time.

Because FTX Central can resume the download, there is no need to split the files, they can

indeed be downloaded in blocks if desired, simply close FTX Central after 10 GB and when restarted,

it will carry on with the next 10 GB.

Archived