Netherlands True Earth Water error

11 minutes ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

thanks for the image.

I am wondering where it is, as you seem to have overlooked its coordinates.

Sorry I didn't think to add where it was. It's over Amsterdam, not to far away from Schiphol. in fact you can see schiphol in the background.

and yet it looks like that?

If you could not possibly have any other product installed that could be causing that problem,

you might try deleting or at least renaming ORBX\User Documents\Versions\Orbx_EU_NLD_TrueEarth_HD.TXT

and see if FTX Central will find any missing files after you click on Install product.

It will take a while to check but should not download much.

Just done the update as you said by renaming that txt file, central said  everything was updated and installed but.... It didn't work :(  I also tried changing a few settings like Display Texture resolutions and in the water settings but it's just the sam. Any other ideas to a fix?

2018-4-27_12-8-2-365.jpg

Hello,

is your scenery library in order?

Otherwise, what else do you have installed?

This is such an obvious fault that it would have been spotted at the beginning of testing, 

be reported by every other Netherlands customer and be seen on my screen also.

Hi there,

you have more than 400 entries above those you've shown of your scenery library menu. I suspect one or more of those adds local landclass to the area, which will cause the sim to not correctly display our custom waterclass textures (sounds strange but that's how the sim works). 

I'd suggest checking those 400 entries for any that might contain landclass for The Netherlands and unticking their entries to see whether the proper water textures return.

Cheers, Holger

12 hours ago, Holger Sandmann said:

Hi there,

you have more than 400 entries above those you've shown of your scenery library menu. I suspect one or more of those adds local landclass to the area, which will cause the sim to not correctly display our custom waterclass textures (sounds strange but that's how the sim works). 

I'd suggest checking those 400 entries for any that might contain landclass for The Netherlands and unticking their entries to see whether the proper water textures return.

Cheers, Holger

But none are turned on, will they cause a problem if they are turned off?

Hello,

no it doesn't help and is not relevant, unless you are trying to run both together.

I attach a default scenery.cfg file. Please rename yours and use this one temporarily.

Once it is in place, run FTX Central until it activates Orbx scenery.

Don't add anything else to the scenery library

You will then have only FTX products active.

Run P3D and see if the error persists.

scenery.cfg

Archived