Flight Sim World: Closure Announcement

Mohamed Amin

Guest Colin M

Aww, thats a shame, things did seem to be going slow for this sim though and I cant say I'm that surprised, but did try to support the venture by buying the various mission packs especially ... though I did miss the last one recently released.

Jack I dont think it would have made much difference if FSW were Steam or not, Steam in itself is OK IMHO ... It was time to call it a day I guess from the team, P3Dv4 also on 64 bit suddenly got much better, XP-11 came along, AF2 as well, it was too much competition I guess?

I appreciate what the team tried to do though and I thank them for that, will still fly FSW on occasions as I still enjoy it in parts, it will still work apparently, just no more add on purchases from what I read?

Since Orbx does not publish any addons for FSW this is not a topic for discussion on our forums. I am sure there will be many active discussions on other forums around the place.

My thoughts are with the employees and directors of the company who have spent quite a few years, hard work and a lot of funds trying to create another viable platform. It is sad to hear this news and we need to be considerate and graceful in remarks that we make around the internet. Seeing a sim platform close is never good for our industry and your hobby.

Archived