Sunken runway

vf99

Hi,

I selected the Mahogany Mtn. airport (ICAO: 1JY2) in Oregon as the departure airport and discovered that part of runway 34 is sunken (screenshots provided below).

The details are as follows:

P3Dv4.2
FTX Global Base
openLC EU, NA and SA
VECTOR
Trees HD
All Regions
NA & EU Airport Packs

All products are up to date.

Thus far I have tried the following:

-    Ran the AEC auto-correction tool
-    Attempted to manually disable 1JY2 in AEC, however, this ICAO does not exist under the Enabled or Disabled column
-    Disabled all VECTOR entries including AEC in Scenery.cfg
-    Disabled the Global Airports entry in Scenery.cfg
-    Disabled all third-party airports in Scenery.cfg
-    Forced the Migration process, deleted all scenery indexes, and cleared the shaders folder
-    Renamed ABP_1JY2.bgl located in “\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery” to .OFF

None of the above steps have shed light on or fixed this issue.

There is only one file in the entire P3D installation that contains 1JY2 as part of the file name, which is ABP_1JY2.bgl, and as stated above renaming it to .OFF did not have any effects.

Please advise what steps should be taken to resolve this issue.

Thank you very much for your help.

2018-4-14_7-30-34-858.jpg

2018-4-14_7-30-49-53.jpg

2018-4-14_7-31-3-811.jpg

Screenshot - 4_14_2018 , 7_29_32 AM.png

Hi there,

it looks as if that airport is just outside the FTX Northern California coverage area but that a small section of its background/flatten polygon is inside NCA and thus excluded by the NCA exclude files.

The easiest fix is probably to make a copy of ABP_1JY2.bgl, located in “\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery” (with its original .bgl extension), and copy that into the "\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_NA_NCA05_SCENERY\scenery" folder. Doing so should restore the missing flatten polygon.

Cheers, Holger

Turns out my 1JY2 also appeared to be in the same quick sand as vf99 experienced. The fix offered by Holger Sandmann, worked like a charm. But, I've got to fess up however! Finding, then moving a copied computer file from one place to another, was not a comfortable action for me. I always fear the worst will happen, and I'll end up with a pile of electronic garbage. I imagine there are others who are liked minded.

Hi Holger,

I just applied your fix and it solved the issue!   I thank you very much for your response and the solution!

Also, many thanks to you and the Orbx team for all of your efforts and the awesome products!

It's the nature of this hobby that we might be called upon to do some necessary file manipulation in order to achieve a satisfactory solution to a sticky problem.  Holger's solution to the above anomaly is relatively simple.  Far more complicated operations for other more complicated problems appear over in the compatibility forum.  One of the hazards of this hobby.

Archived