paulb

3 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

The specific sound files called by 2B2-6B6 are:

• 6B6-Dog.wav
  • iby_nightscape.wav
  • Radio_Chatter.wav
  • traffic+sparrows.wav
  • Woodpecker-2.wav

Thanks Bill....can you advise what is happening with those three files that are turned OFF in KACK

kack_static_lighting.bgl.OFF

trafficBoats_Orbx_KACK.bgl.OFF

trafficHYA-ACK.bgl.off

Lighting, traffic for boats and other perhaps air traffic, are the supposed to be turned on? Otherwise they are redundant, right.

22 hours ago, Jack Sawyer said:

the fix was to disable any unused sound devices in Windows.

I disabled all unused sound devices in Windows; except for headphones which is all I'm using while in my RV.

This did not fix the problem for me.

I am working through the sound files, controllers to see if anything jumps out at me, at this time nadda.

9 hours ago, Bill Womack said:

The specific sound files called by 2B2-6B6 are:

• 6B6-Dog.wav
  • iby_nightscape.wav
  • Radio_Chatter.wav
  • traffic+sparrows.wav
  • Woodpecker-2.wav

Just for your info - I checked my install and all of those sound files are there. No matter, at least I can fly from the airports now :).

10 hours ago, fltsimguy said:

Thanks Bill....can you advise what is happening with those three files that are turned OFF in KACK

kack_static_lighting.bgl.OFF

trafficBoats_Orbx_KACK.bgl.OFF

trafficHYA-ACK.bgl.off

Lighting, traffic for boats and other perhaps air traffic, are the supposed to be turned on? Otherwise they are redundant, right.

You'll want to leave those files as-is and in place to keep the control panel working correctly. The static lighting is an alternative to P3Dv4's dynamic lighting (it's an either/or situation), and the two traffic files are activated if you choose custom ferry traffic.

10 hours ago, paulb said:

Just for your info - I checked my install and all of those sound files are there. No matter, at least I can fly from the airports now :).

Yes, and there is also a corresponding controller (fx) file in the effects folder and a sound.bgl in the scenery folder which in a sense connects all together.

There could be some issue in any one of them that can be affected some some systems or in ones particular P3D setup and other addons.

I don't have much time to look into this for a couple weeks as I'm traveling and have some other priorities but I am intrigued with the problem.

I had the same problem, starting a flight at 6B6 would load to 100% and CTD.

Nothing showed up in event viewer either.

I can confirm, deselecting “environmental sounds” has fixed it for me also.

BTW Bill, nice to have you back, really enjoying your work.

Cheers, Bernard

• 1 year later...

I know I'm late to the party, but I would just like to mention that for the original Plum island scenery, the sound files were released separately as a freeware package ("2B2 - Plum Island Sounds", 2b2_snd-v12.zip ), which can be downloaded from AVSIM. You could try that package and see if it solves the issue.

Archived