After installing Plum airfield etc trouble began

JimNZ

Hello All.

I downloaded Plums and Minute airfields.  Installation was great, I had previously d/loaded the latest libraries, completed the AEC.  Switched off then half an hour later went to fly these new airfields of Bill's.

It would hardly be these airfields, but after making the usual selections waited for it all to load.  The screen opened at about  1/2size. Vertically there was a 1/4 of just black screen top and bottom.  A green-backed stripe with 'CRASH' written across it showed. The switches/buttons on the Thrustmaster stick wouldn't work, there was the sound of a plane crashing and the plane was on its side.

I switched off, used the same plane, different scenery, and it all worked as it should.  Even the Thrustmaster stick was working. I went to scenery library and noticed that Plum/Minute had put itself in 2 from the start (beginning) now this could well be the problem.  What do you think? What should I do?

Changed to another Orbx FS program and all was working properly again.

I have now uninstalled it, and will retry again in the morning (b****y grandkids visiting, it's their bedtime, so I have to vacate the room:wub:

Help, please, for my FS problem, not the kids:P

Regards, Jim

Hi Jim,

There seems to be some type of invisible object(s) on the runway at 2B2 and KACK, and it has been noted already.  It is causing your aircraft to crash.  Bill is aware of it and intends to repair it in an a future update.  For the time being, as a work around, you can go to your settings and check the box saying "Ignore crashes and damage", or something similar.  You will find it in the "Realism" section.  TBH I always have crash detection turned off, and have had for a long time.  I know when I have crashed :lol:.  Everyone has their own tastes though, so that's your choice of course.

Cheers,

Archived