Orbx Norway no or little water

Tobus

Hi all,

I'm flying the MEBAR2018 challenge over Norway and coming to the conclusion that my Norway scenery has too little water.

See attached screenshot of GPS, I also have this compared with Plan-G. It's like Norway has driep up.

What I've tried:

checked scenery sequence in library

turned off frozen water and lakes in vector tool

complete uninstall and reinstall of Norway

all to no avail... any tips?

AMA141-2018-mar-30-006.jpg

Hi there,

something appears to be preventing FTX Central from adding the required custom entries into your active terrain.cfg file, at least that would explain the missing water and other FTX Norway components, as they won't display without these entries. To confirm, can you attach a copy of your active terrain.cfg, please?

On each start-up of FTX Central it checks for the presence of those terrain.cfg entries and adds them, if missing or corrupted. Perhaps you have set terrain.cfg or the FSX root folder in general to read-only or you haven't set an exclusion to the FSX folder of whatever anti-virus/-malware app you may be running?

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

indeed, your terrain.cfg seems complete and "healthy". So if the entries are present then it's either an issue with the placement files within FTX Norway (i.e., incomplete or corrupt installation) or a third-party add-on at higher display priority that excludes the FTX components. I can check for indications of either if you post your active scenery.cfg file, located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Cheers, Holger

Hi again,

everything related to Orbx appears correct. Obviously, you have a lot of other add-ons so it would be best to check FTX Norway in isolation. I'd suggest storing your current scenery.cfg in a safe location, then removing the file from C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX. Doing so will force FSX to create a new, default scenery.cfg upon start-up. Shut down the sim again and run FTX Central. After a few seconds you'll get the "activating Orbx scenery" message above the "Settings" button in the lower left. Once the message disappears again, shut down FTX Central and start the sim. You should now see the Orbx entries in the scenery library menu, including the four FTX NOR entries, but no third-party add-ons. If that's the case check whether Norway now displays correctly with the waterbodies etc.

Cheers, Holger

• 1 month later...

Hi, Tobus!

Since I have the same "dry land problem" only around ENHA Stafsberg (the rest of the magnificient FTX Norway works flawlessly for me), I'd be highly interested if you've found the culprit for this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Markus.

Archived