KACK for P3Dv4 initiates CTD

Jan Corstjens

Every time I select the KACK airport in P3Dv4, when finished loading the KACK scenery an immediate CTD is caused. Next P3Dv4 immediately returns to the nominal start up setting (F22 at Eglin AFB).

I performed an uninstall of KACK and did a reinstall, but the problem still persists. Please help?

Hello,

welcome to the forums.

This is not a CTD, it is the simulator resetting after it detects an aircraft crash.

A CTD, Crash To Desktop, is when the simulator crashes to the desktop screen and is therefore no longer working.

In the various other topics, Mr Womack has undertaken to fix the problem.

In the meantime, you can stop this happening by disabling crash detection.

I have the same issue with 6b6 & 2b2 but not with KACK. The sim loads fine and the plane will sit on the runway & idle but as soon as I push the throttle forward I get the crash bar across the monitor and the sim reloads. This happens both in fsx and p3d4 so not sure what the issue is. I'm using a Thrustmaster HOTAS setup.

I just want to take this opportunity in welcoming the new flyer's above.  

Don't forget to look at the free sceneries too they are really good.  Bill the author of these two new sceneries has made really fantastic scenery and I know that there's many pleased he has returned to the fold again. Keep your eye open for his work.

Have a great time gentlemen.  In Nick and Doug you have two of the best you could possibly want to help you.  There are other members too who are also extremely knowledgeable and very quick to help.

Regards,

Jim. 

Archived