KACK causing Planes To Crash

Rlbomber

Installed KACK today on Prepar3d v4 and every time I load the airport, the plane automatically crashes.  Doesn't matter if I choose a runway or a parking spot or gate, the plane crashes.  I've tried other aircraft and the same thing happens.  I go to another nearby airport no problems.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

this is not uncommon, though I do not fully understand the fine points of 

crash boxes, I don't think that there are any advantages in having crash detection active,

given the rather unrealistic consequences depicted in the simulators.

I placed a copy of this message in the thread under P3D support, just repeating it here for visibility in FTX support proper:

The IBlueyonder versions of these airports worked fine with crash detection turned on (FSX).
Since I've switched over to the ORBX versions I get instant crashes when starting up at these airports.

I'm NOT turning crash detection off. There's nothing wrong with crash detection. It only becomes and issue when scenery has  a fault.

This is a bug with the ORBX versions of the 2 products (minute Man/Plum Island and Nantucket). 
Again, these airports worked fine before I switched over to ORBX.
Could you please get development to look into this and fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance,
Dave.

I bought KACK and 2B2 for FSX and was curious to try it out today: I have the same crashes like others describe. When I load a plane or even Bob on a RWY, I can see it for a short wile, but with wheels below (sunken in) runway level. Shortly after this, crash message shows up. I have not tried yet to switch off crash detection. I prefer a real solution. What I can see the short moment before crashing looks great and I am really curious for the complete extent of these 3 airports

4 hours ago, freeflyer10 said:

I bought KACK and 2B2 for FSX and was curious to try it out today: I have the same crashes like others describe. When I load a plane or even Bob on a RWY, I can see it for a short wile, but with wheels below (sunken in) runway level. Shortly after this, crash message shows up. I have not tried yet to switch off crash detection. I prefer a real solution. What I can see the short moment before crashing looks great and I am really curious for the complete extent of these 3 airports

If you disable crash detection, you can enjoy the scenery all you like. Until the fix is posted, that's a quick and easy fix.

Hi Bill, thxs for your quick reply. I disabled crash detection on KACK and tried to fly with standard Baron. Unfortunately I cannot really enjoy the scenery as there is some mismatch with the ground levels, static aircraft and double but offset structures. When I tried to land on RWY 6 there was a big upgoing threshold in the ground level before runway. I had to "fly trough" to end up some how on the runway, sunken into concrete. I have attached some screen shots to show my findings. For me, the fix with disabling crash detection is not satisfactory. May be I made a mistake, but until now, I installed and flew all my ORBX and other add-ons with no such problems.

2018-4-3_12-27-19-131.jpg

2018-4-3_12-27-31-948.jpg

2018-4-3_12-27-46-352.jpg

2018-4-3_12-28-44-457.jpg

2018-4-3_12-30-42-565.jpg

2018-4-3_12-34-50-425.jpg

2018-4-3_12-35-6-193.jpg

2018-4-3_12-36-7-546.jpg

2018-4-3_12-37-55-421.jpg

2018-4-3_12-38-4-400.jpg

2018-4-3_12-47-0-756.jpg

From your screenshots, it's clear that you've got another version of Nantucket showing in addition to Orbx KACK, either the default or the freeware Orbx version. You also don't appear to have the elevation adjustment file in your Scenery\World\Scenery folder - hence the ground level mismatch. I'd recommend you uninstall and reinstall KACK via FTX Central and see if it sorts things out.

I simply bought KACK (and 2B2/6B6) from ORBX and downloaded and installed from FTX Central 3. I cannot remember if I had another freeware version. Anyway I would appreciate very much some help :

1. If I uninstall KACK with FTX Central, how can I get rid of the other "shadow" version?

2. If I look into my Scenery\World\Scenery and sort by date I can see as the latest file "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" dated 2017-11-29 10:58, 1 KB. What should I do there and where to get the missing file?

3. Do you need any other information to help me?

Thank you very much in advance!

This is not intended as a pile-on, only as another confirmation of the instant aircraft crash when loading into KACK, with crash detection enabled in P3Dv4.1 I just purchased KACK (also 2B2/6B6) in the recent ORBX sale. I see Bill W. indicated a fix is forthcoming.

Kind Regards,

Steven Miller

On 3.4.2018 at 5:51 PM, freeflyer10 said:

I simply bought KACK (and 2B2/6B6) from ORBX and downloaded and installed from FTX Central 3. I cannot remember if I had another freeware version. Anyway I would appreciate very much some help :

1. If I uninstall KACK with FTX Central, how can I get rid of the other "shadow" version?

2. If I look into my Scenery\World\Scenery and sort by date I can see as the latest file "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" dated 2017-11-29 10:58, 1 KB. What should I do there and where to get the missing file?

3. Do you need any other information to help me?

Thank you very much in advance!

I could solve my problem of duplicate structures, with height offset:  I uninstalled FTX Global NA Airport Pack and everything was fine on the ground in KACK, no double structures, plane on the tarmac not below. Then installed FTX Global NA Airport Pack again and it still remained OK. I had never installed a freeware version before. Anyway, I am going to enjoy the nice airport and island.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bill. Not to be a pain... I see above a fix is coming... but just want you to know I have the KACK crash issue in FSX. I've disabled crash detection and I am enjoying the view!

Thanks... love all things orbx. Waiting for fix.

Joe

• 3 weeks later...

"I think I know the problem and it's a pretty easy fix"
Hi Bill, is a fix still planned for this crash  issue? If so is there an ETA? If not I assume I can reinstall my original iblueyonder versions of Nantucket and Plum Island and just disable the Orbx ones?

Archived