Gold coast performance

Hi all

I have p3dv4.2 running at default settings on an asus rog notebook i7 with  32gigs,  870m graphics on windows 10, i have ftx australia and a bunch of australian airports,  flying the a2a c172 its performing better than i expected anywhere from 45 to 18 frames depending in the airport complexity its even smooth flying the pmdg 737 ngx,  regarding gold coast my system cant even render it,  just a mess of black and popping scenery,  i knew if would be performance intensive but its unusable for me,  have to see what happens after new pc build soon Wondering if others are struggle to render it

Absolutely no issues at all , with 90% of my sliders maxed out ;  you might uninstall and then reinstall to see if that helps . I hope you get it sorted out mate .

Cheers

John

Hey John

Gold Coast brings my system to its knees, sim running great with FTX Australia so when I depart out of YBAF as soon as I get near gold coast and its starts to render its a slide slow lol, probably due to my Graphics card as I see you have a titan I'm doing an upgrade soon so hopefully I will be able to use then as its not ideal to run on a notebook, cheers

Wayne

I think it's the 870M holding you back.

My (now) mediocre rig is an i7-4790, 16GB DDR3-2400 and a GTX 1070.

I did extensive FPS testing during the beta and with all sliders to the right, all shadows enabled, 4xSSAA and a resolution of 2560x1440 (2K) I would routinely see 26-30 FPS. With the water render turned down to High (instead of Ultra), and some shadow received disabled (vegetation and simobjects), the framerate was routinely 40+. Turning building and vegetation autogen sliders down one notch to High Density, disabling building and vegetation shadows and using a lower resolution (1920x1080) in addition to the for mentioned changes, ensured the framerate was 60+.

FYI, in any urban environment, having simobject, building and vegetation shadows and a high AI vehicle setting will kill the framerate on any rig (the engine tries to render all those shadows on all the little cars, along with all shadows cast from buildings and trees on the little cars). Make sure you check those settings first for a way to bring up the framerate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I recently upgraded my GPU card instead of doing a new CPU and RAM and MB to get DDR4 I stuck with my stock DDR3 system 4th Gen CPU i7 4770 (would like to get a i7-4790k) and was about to go from the 560ti GeForce to the 1060 6gb ram but was instead upsold to the Hall Of Famers Edition GTX galax 1070ti 8GB card I also added a 250GB SSD for os (wish I had a bigger one for FS) and was absolutely blown away by the way my computer now performs. I didn't think it would work on my old MB Asus B85M-E (which is about to go to a Asus B85M-G but it did! Problem 1 was the size of the card was too big for my old case so I had another case around to transfer things into. 2 I am going to mount my GPU card vertically soon as I can't access my sata port 3 and sata 4 is alittle hard to get to as well but works. Overall I am very very happy I upgraded my GPU card until I upgrade the whole system.

Only thing I want anyone who is doing this is as my number 1 point check the size of the card to see if it will fit. All newer cards are BIG and LONG :)

Colin

Archived