FSX crashes when approaching Los Angeles

DanielH_Germany

Hallo,

I am experiencing FSX crashes when approaching Los Angeles, no matter if in Aerosofts A320, PMDGs 777. I have no problems loading at KLAX and taking off, but when in the air and approaching KLAX, fsx freezes and crashes without any warning /message. Process Explorer shows it is not VAS. I have not experienced anything like that at any other SoCal or Orbx airport. Has anyone a solution for me or is experiencing the same problem?

Last time I was at about 8000ft approaching 25L

Thanks

Try flying a one of the default aircraft in that area and/or moving the sliders to the left.  If that decreases the problem then its just a matter of finding a workable compromise on the sliders or perhaps looking into a hardware upgrade if you cannot find a workable compromise between what and where you want to fly versus the overall performance and appearance. 

Bullfox, thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately not much changed. I used to have no problems, with any payware Aircraft. Now I reduced the slides and still got the Problem. I dont have the Problem eg in San Francisco or New Zealand (with the same configuration). Is this a special LA problem with a large, flat city --> many autogen objects in good visibility?

Do you have any other Idea?

LA and Seattle are really demanding on systems.  I think its mostly the extensive number of autogen objects that are required in those areas.  I have to cut way back on the sttings in any highly populated areas.

Hi guys,

it's not just that urban areas create higher demands due to the more varied autogen but also the fact that there is more of most other components: roads/traffic, default and custom landmark buildings and structures, AI, etc. The LA basin in particular has a high density of airports large and small that certainly have a cumulative effect.

To find settings that work best for your PC it's generally a good idea to first test the relative impact of the various components in isolation. Thus, move the scenery complexity slider only (generic and custom objects other than autogen, in particular at airports), or the level of detail radius slider, or the autogen slider, or the road traffic or AI slider, etc. If you can determine what "hurts" your system most it's easier to come up with a combination of slider settings that isn't just guesswork.

That being said, a CTD without log in the Windows Event Viewer sounds odd. You may also want to check for incompatible third-party airport or AI add-ons by temporarily deactivating them, in particular if the CTD is reproducible.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived