Good Day

I am sorry if these are stupid questions, but I have been battling for about 8 days to get the scenery up & running!

Once I have down loaded via the FTX Central, are there any settings that need to be changed in FSX itself?

I have also noticed that ALL my other paid scenery from a specific country has been "deleted" IE in the FSX scenery layer/priority list it does not show anymore!

I purchased the following packs:

1. FTX Global base Pack

2. NA Pacific Northwest

3. NA Southern Alaska

What would my priority list look like in FSX please?

Thanking you in advance! 7 have a nice day! :)

Regards

Richard Schmidt

Hi Richard, welcome to the forums

Your other scenery has not been deleted, it is just not showing in FTXC3 as it does in your in game scenery library.

Please apply the below process

Ensure the Orbx Libs are installed and up to date. (is there a blue notification above the settings button in FTXC3?)

Ensure all of your 3rd party addons are at the top of your scenery library and above your FTX entries.

Then in FTX Central 3 Insertion points, move "FTX entries should be inserted below"  just below your last 3rd party addon.

Then move the "openLC entries should be inserted below"  just below your FTX entries. and click "Save".

Then run the "Force Migration" option.

Finally Click on the "Clear Temp" button.

Then, if and when you may have Vector installed, there is a Vector control panel access button at the bottom of the FTXC3 settings page. When you open it you can select the amount of road coverage etc, be sure to uncheck the "Frozen Surface (in winter only)"option, and check the Australia Add-Ons under the “Settings” tab, then go to the Airport Elevation Correction (AEC tool) tab and run the auto configuration process and be sure to click on "Appy" when it is done scanning.

Cheers

Doug

Hello Doug

Thank you for the welcome! ;)

The other payware scenery was visible in the FTXC3 drop down list but not in the game scenery library!

I had to go and ADD & re-activate them in FSX itself. That was not a problem for me, just wanted to confirm if it was the correct way how it happens when installing any ORBX scenery!

After reading your post I understand that all the settings that need to be done, is done via the FTX program and not directly within the FSX-game scenery library/settings/add & remove screen.

I cannot wait to see what the new scenery are going to look like!

Tomorrow we have a public holiday then I shall be able to take a peak into some of the areas :)

Thank you very much for the help and guidance.

Have a nice day further

Regards

Richard

Good Evening

I am definitely missing the plot regarding the install of ORBX scenery BIG TIME!

Still not getting it right and every time I start my FS the addon scenery (11 x airports are missing and need to install them again)

It is like ORBX is erasing this specific product :(

Maybe I should just uninstall ALL the ORBX files and go back to before making this purchase which cost me 2 x arms and 3/4 leg lol

It takes me back 18 years with MSTS lol and have never used it again since 2002.

Have a great day tomorrow as we are having a public holiday.

Good night & regards

Richard

Hello Doug

Thank you for the reply!

I think that the biggest missing LINK is on my side , therefore must I still ADD the the ORBX scenery/files in the actual FSX program under settings where you either "ADD" "EDIT" "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN"?

As I have not seen any of the ORBX file names there, although I had a quick look around my airport in South Africa / FAPE and the general vegetation looked much better!

Sorry the caps-on was not shouting but mere to show the tabs of changes within the FSX program.

Have a nice day!

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

If you now follow the steps in my above #2 post you should not need to do any of the "ADD" "EDIT" "MOVE UP" or "MOVE DOWN". But you should see some FTX entries in the scenery library, could you please attach a copy of your scenery.cfg file found at the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX location and we will have a look to see if all is well.

Just one other question....when you open FTX Central 3, are you presented with a select FSX, an FSXSE, or both?

Thanks

Doug

Hello Doug

Oh shucks just remembered that my desktop is in at the computer shop to shift the "partition" on the hard drive, so will only be able to get the scenery.cfg tomorrow night!

When I open FTX Central 3, I get both FSX and FSX-SE I then click the FSX-SE button.

I recall now that when I got to down load the files for the first time, I never set any "paths" in the FTX Central 3 under the "settings" tab and then the 2 x drop down options where not pre-selected by me.

Have a nice day!

Regards

Richard

2 hours ago, Superlink said:

Oh shucks just remembered that my desktop is in at the computer shop to shift the "partition" on the hard drive, so will only be able to get the scenery.cfg tomorrow night!

Thanks Richard

Also, will your FSXSE installation be moving to a different location with the above said partition shift?

Good Morning

Hello Nick, the same happened even if I selected the FSX option.

What I must admit is that after having that problem and because the ORBX-system could not find the scenery.cfg file I went and changed that folder from "FSX" to "FSX-SE"

My main installation of FSX-SE is in the D drive: D\Steam\steam-app\common\FSX. (But that folder is only named FSX)

Hello Doug, to answer your question, no nothing is changing but the following:

I have 1 x hard drive that has a partition. Which is C & D drive. The C drive got to small and the only thing that they are doing is making the D a bit smaller with about 100 Gigs and thus the C-drive will be bigger with 100 Gigs. All the programs/installations remain exactly the same.

PS these guys  built this D/top for me in Nov 2015 and I am even able to run X-Plane 11 with it.

I shall be getting it later today and then tonight I shall be able to send that xxxx.cfg file as requested.

If I look at at this whole scenario, in my honest opinion the biggest thing I "missed" was the setting of the 2 x paths under the settings-tab of the Central program.

And then after down loading the files from the ORBX server,  not knowing whether these down loads need to be "added" the conventional way within the FSX-program!

Maybe I got it all wrong lol

Thank you guys, cannot wait to see the difference in the general landscape scenarios!

Enjoy the rest of your day till later

Regards

Richard

Hi Richard

Hope you are feeling better :)

There is no Orbx scenery added to that scenery.cfg, so please as Nick has suggested above, when you open FTXC3 select FSX not FSXSE and see what happens. then please reattach the scenery.cfg found at the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX location.

Cheers

Doug 

Richard

Unfortunately we are not getting anywhere yet, that scenery.cfg is the same default FSX scenery.cfg......could you please attach a screenshot of the location where you are getting the scenery.cfg like the example image below/

DougFSX.png

Thanks

But that is not the location I have been asking for....that is the backup default scenery.cfg in the root FSX folder, that will never get changed....please go to the location I have been asking which is C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Hello Doug

Thank you very much will check it out.

So I do not have to uninstall and reinstall any of the ORBX scenery?

Hopefully the new adventure is starting which will include the land textures of Southern Africa! :)

I also have the Iceland & Tasmania demo's installed.

Thank you for ALL your time and patience in helping me with the scenery.

Have a great week ahead!

Regards

Richard Schmidt

Richard

No re installs required all looks good, the only issue I noticed was  your scenery library was not in the correct order, but setting the insertion points correctly should have corrected this, so if you wish, attach your scenery.cfg here again after you did the insertion point tool adjustments and we can confirm that is good now.

• 1 month later...

Good Afternoon,

I do humbly apologize for not replying earlier with regarding to the problems I experienced as to how to install the ORBX scenery!

The main reason being that after I got the ORBX-scenery working and saw how awesome it is, I came to the conclusion that I do not have enough hours in the day to explore ALL the scenery areas! :)

So to each and everyone that took the time to help me getting it right and able to fly and enjoy the GREAT scenery and even the southern parts of Africa is a 1000 times better than the default scenery, THANK YOU very much!

Also thank you for being able to download the demo of Tasmania as I got some friends to download it and do a VFR flight in and out of Hobart with add on WX and have thus made them decide to purchase some ORBX files.

I shall always promote the ORBX scenery files to all that I know that is involved in flightsim.

Thank you once again!

Regards

Richard

superlink.   

Archived