Re installing P3dV4 with Least dowloading

bartp71

Hello all

I have built a new pc and want to, or rather am, moving my ORBX stuff to the new PC as per Nick Coopers instructions.  Problem is when I did what was said, FTX global pack is dowloading again, all 3.31 GB and its still going! The backup is 1 day old with everything up to date.

I have copied over ORBX folderscenery\World\scenery, Sound and Effects from my old P3dV4 folder to the new P3dV4 folder.

Nick doesn't actually say that P3dv4 to P3dV4 works, just that FSX to FSX, FSX to FSX SE will work.  He does say P3Dv3 to v4 wont work. That's fine. But I am going from v4 to v4.

Further, Nick doesn't say if the above mentioned folders should come from FSX root folder or the P3Dv4 root folder.  I took mine from the P3dv4 root folder.

Have I done something wrong?

Thanks guys

Bart

Hello Bart.

here are the relevant parts of the guide.

FTX global pack is dowloading again, all 3.31 GB and its still going!

5. Re-install FTX Global Base.

Nick doesn't actually say that P3dv4 to P3dV4 works,

3. It will work if you intend to back up from FSX disk edition and re-install to FSX Steam Edition

or from FSX Steam Edition to FSX disk edition and of course a back up from any simulator version to

re-install into the same simulator version.

Further, Nick doesn't say if the above mentioned folders should come from FSX root folder or the P3Dv4 root folder.

This will not work if you intend to back up from FSX and re-install into P3D or back up from

P3D and re-install to FSX.

I don't think you are doing anything wrong.

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your reply. It's all good now.  When you said "that's all" you meant it:) I thought it was a more complicated process but everything is working just fine, Thank you.

Just copied everything over, re installed FTX Global Base and everything is already in scenery library, activated, and now I'm humming along YMML v3 with everything maxed and getting a steady 35 FPS thanks to my new 8700K and water cooling.:):)

Thanks mate

Bart

Archived