Boundary line transition at CRM region border

ShabbyLeo

Hello,

I'm experiencing a very sharp line with the CRM region. Also installed is Base, Vector, and openLC. Can anything be done with this? Everything seems in the proper order. Screenshot was taken flying east near Billings, MT.

Thank, Matt

8YUPVSt.jpg

Not sure but this thread may explain what's happening.  It's not in your region around Billings, but it might help explain what might be happening.  The CRM region is displaying hard winter, but the OpenLC NA area east of Billings is not.

I did read the other post, but that issue is not what is happening here. I do experience the hard winter textures around weather reporting stations throughout North America. My problem seems to be more aligned to the regions season texture being used not matching areas outside the region, and thus the difference in season textures used and the boundary at the regions edge. Why is the whole region using hard winter if the sim does not use it for areas adjacent to the region? Does it have to do with the region being designed to display the hard winter textures regardless of weather during certain parts of the year with disregard to what textures the sim uses for all other areas? I have not experimented with other times of the year to see if this problem may go away. Again near Billings.

4a5h6ww.jpg 

So I tried a repeat of my last flight west into KBIL, only this time I set the date for 1 May. The spring textures blended together so beautifully at the regions border, I could not tell were the region began. Definitely both were on the same page in spring and using the same texture set it seems. I suspect that is how the textures are meant to work during the winter also. I'm using P3DV4. I think that the poster linked above may have had their problem misdiagnosed; it really does look like a region boundary transition to me, same as what I'm experiencing. Can anyone with CRM, Base, Vector, and openLC verify this anomaly?

Hi there,

the custom seasons control files we include with the FTX Regions are based on long-term climate data. Outside of the Region's coverage area the default control file is active, which is rather crude and often inaccurate. It's perhaps unfortunate that during certain months such obvious transitions exists (with the two Rockies' Regions it's primarily during February, March, and October) but we decided that users would rather have accurate seasonal changes within the Regions than us matching the "wonky" default control file.

I think that the poster linked above may have had their problem misdiagnosed

No, those are two different issues. Note how razor-sharp the edges are in the user's screenshots in that thread; that's the typical result when a weather situation with active snowfall forces the sim to switch, tile-by-tile, to the hard-winter variants.

For general information on seasons control files see https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/18695-pnw-textures/?tab=comments#comment-162697

Cheers, Holger

Thanks for the clarification. Is there a way to make the region use the default control file? Is there a specific date table available to ensure flights across the border have no transition? Is it possible to make the region use soft winter textures to match? Since seamless transitions add so much to the immersion, maybe the openLC then needs to be adjusted to match if region can't match? If a date table doesn't exist, does the region use the the adjacent soft winter textures at all? The date of flight is not so hard to change. The scenerys are just too nice to look at and make me spoiled! I really hope a future update could solve this, but understand it may not be worth the time.  Perhaps there is a way to disable the regions LC while still keeping the airports? I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

Just as an update to anyone else that may experience this as a problem. I have turned off the regions and seasons files in the custom/scenery folder and yippee! The regions seasonal textures now seen to match the rest of my NA while still having the detailed airports and improved LC of the region. Thanks again for further enlightening me on the inner workings.

Archived