P3DV4.2 elevation issues

Hello guys, I just purchased few of the Orbx products including global, but now im having issues on my other addons airports, no clue why but for example in TNCA, TNCM, and others, the planes showing inside the ground, airports with zones where the buildings are covered by the ground etc, I read on few places that vector will solve the issue but i dont have it only global, what can I do to solve this please? see pictures attached. thanks in advance.

2018-3-5_21-27-0-230.png

2018-3-5_21-27-25-171.png

Looks really ugly.  Global and what else do you have which may be layered with these "default" airports?  There are many articles of help about how your scenery is placed and what causes elevation issues, but if we do not know what is loaded in this scenery, we can only speculate without the info.

Sorry,

Larry

Sure, I only have ORBX global, not sure what else can affect this to be honest, since my 1st P3D installation I only have global, no other regions or addon for terrain or similar, now also other airports are having the same issues, maybe I need a tool to identify duplicate files?? is been frustrated now...

2018-3-8_9-14-58-422.png

2018-3-8_9-15-6-100.png

Now I just purchased KBHB and KPSP, KPSP is normal but KBHB is also having elevation issues and this is an Orbx airport, no clue whats going on, I just purchased global plus few airports and all this is happening, see pictures attached.

Addons im having issues are, tropicalsim TNCA, flytampa TNCM, Orbx KBHB, and maybe others that I havent seen yet.

Attached the two sceneries.cfg, I have one from the main p3dv4 folder and another one inside my username/appdata/roaming/lockheedmartin/

2018-3-8_10-40-56-620.png

2018-3-8_10-41-0-623.png

scenery.cfg

scenery.cfg

Hello,

There should not be a scenery.cfg file in the P3D v4 root folder, unless the user has placed it there them self.

Neither scenery.cfg file has an entry for Default Terrain.

One appears to have been arranged by FTX Central without the Insertion Point having been set.

The other appears to have been made using the Scenery Config Editor.

Neither will work without having the default terrain entry added, this is the main reason  why your airports look as they do.

I'm having elevation issues as well at KPSP and YMML. I have FTX Global and I selected it in the config tools of both airports. Meanwhile, I also have YBBN, KSAN, KTEX, LEBB, and LOWI, and they work perfectly. Running P3Dv4.1. Oh and I also tried reinstalling Orbx Libraries, but that didn't help.

Where can I find the scenery.cfg file? I cannot find one in appdata/roaming/lockheedmartin/prepar3D v4.

Screenshot (18).png

Hello n452mk.

The scenery.cfg file is to be found in C:\programdata\Lockheed martin\Prepar3d v4.

I have attached a default version for you to download and keep.

Place it into C:\programdata\Lockheed martin\Prepar3d v4 and let it overwrite.

This will give you the default P3D scenery.

Open FTX Central and let it "activate Orbx scenery".

Then visit the Insertion Point tool and set the FTX icon at the top of your library and the OLC icon under the FTX icon.

Click on Save.

Start P3D and visit some of your FTX airports, you should find that they now look as they should.

From there, you can add in your other developers' products but when you have, revisit the Insertion Point tool and make

sure that the FTX icon is then set below the lowest of them.

scenery.cfg

I cannot say enough thank you to you Nick, I was struggling with this for days and was thinking even unistall v4, thanks for all your support and patience I really appreciate you!!!

My last question will be, is actually worth it to keep the scenery tool? I know saves loading time but I dont want this to screw my sim again, whats your recommendation please to finish this case.

I saved the one you sent me so if anything I do the same process, also deleted the two other sceneries.cfg files like you said so I should be good, the only thing is I have a lot of addons airports so Im going to add them to the scenery library one by one, or any other way quicker

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:19 PM, Nick Cooper said:

Hello n452mk.

The scenery.cfg file is to be found in C:\programdata\Lockheed martin\Prepar3d v4.

I have attached a default version for you to download and keep.

Place it into C:\programdata\Lockheed martin\Prepar3d v4 and let it overwrite.

This will give you the default P3D scenery.

Open FTX Central and let it "activate Orbx scenery".

Then visit the Insertion Point tool and set the FTX icon at the top of your library and the OLC icon under the FTX icon.

Click on Save.

Start P3D and visit some of your FTX airports, you should find that they now look as they should.

From there, you can add in your other developers' products but when you have, revisit the Insertion Point tool and make

sure that the FTX icon is then set below the lowest of them.

scenery.cfg

This totally fixed my problem. After purchasing several airports during the sale this week I was having mega elevation issues as well. The above procedure corrected my issue. Many thanks!!!!!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Nick's guide to correct this is alarming. 

It was as if I awoke from a dream, but was still in it.  Been in and out of KPSP SEVERAL TIMES this year, with no changes to P3Dv4.1 except to add Half Moon Bay.  I have circled the globe in the Cheyenne II, in AU and from KPSP to PAEN. 

Why would this just showed up?  My first incident was to start my first flight at KPSP from a new start of P3D on a new day.  I was hovering over the parking space at about 700' for a cold start.

So!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  What happened?

Nick,

I need your help here. I have followed your instructions above but still not able to get the EBLG to look OK. I have FTX Global Base, openLC Europe and Vector installed. No other scenery add on.

The problem is that EBLG is below surface and no matter what I do I can't get it to be right. At one point I had the elevation correct but all hangars, building's and static aircraft's was hoovering in the air.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Richard

See below screenshots:

image.png

image.png

Archived