Orbx represented on XP forum>

I see that a new user to the XP forums is someone called "orbx". I assume this is legit? I am also asking if this representative is going to be fairly active on the forum considering that Orbx is new to this sim. I think it would be most useful at least in the interim until XP users get familiar with Orbx. Many are of course already converts from FSX/P3D and were customers of Orbx, but there are few dissenting voices which are critical of FTX Central. I am currently enlightening them of the difference in file structure etc that Central had to deal with in FSX/P3D which are very different than the file structures of XP. Maybe someone from Orbx could allay the concerns that some XP users are having in this regard. After all it is a new market and I feel time could be spent in getting as many new customers to Orbx XP as possible would be beneficial to both parties.

I look forward to a response.

Yep, it's a legit account. Similar discussions are happening on other forums regarding FTX Central and some misinformation regarding Mac OS and Linux support. For official support requests, users need to post here with any concerns or problems they have if they want an official answer or help.

I'll answer some questions as I can (I'm not the holder of the ORBX account), but sadly it seems that a lot of it is repeated information or starts of debates and discussions.

Hi Tony and many thanks for your input. I, like others greatly appreciate your XP work and am very glad to see you now as part of the Orbx XP team. I understand the support process and maybe I could enlighten the XP forum users of the Orbx XP forum availability should they have any concerns about Orbx XP products and especially the FTC Central "debate". As a well respected XP user and developer (scenery wise etc) I think you chiming in occasionaly to the XP based forum for Scenery Developers may well be influential.

I'll certainly chime in when I can, however I don't want to end up in pointless debates with users who may hold a grudge for one reason or another. I've been around those forums for too long now to know it never goes anywhere or ends well . That being said, it seems there are also many helpful users (including yourself) who are also helping out :)

Fully understand your point about getting involved in pointless debates. There are very few forums around where points of view are discussed in a rational perspective without people eventually getting heated or abusive. Thankfully the Orbx forums have always been an oasis of rational viewpoints, helpful, resourceful and a joy to participate in. Any deviations to those principles are swiftly dealt with and all returns to normal quickly !

I am brand new to XP but have a long (and expensive !)history  with Orbx products and am very pleased that they and you are involved in these exiting times for XP

Archived