What is the cost for flying in England?

maxkillers

How much would it cost for a student to fly in a beginner's aircraft (152 from where I come from) in england... I imagine it varies from airport to airport so I'm interested to know the hourly and half-hourly rates for the "whoever's to be bothered reading this post's home airport".... For a c152 it will cost about $240 AUD for a half hour and $350 AUD for a full hour from Jandakot so... I'm Curious about England, and even Scotland, because I want to do a tour flight for an hr when I go on holiday's up there in July with my family. Recommendations on where to fly would be appreciated to (= 

At my local airport (Inverness EGPE) the flying School (Highland Aviation) charges non members £171 for 1 hour of flight instruction in an Piper Tomahawk or £203 for the same in a Piper Warrior 160.
I have done both in the past and it is great fun, they are friendly and helpful and you can go wherever you want within the time frame and as weather and airspace restrictions allow on the given day.

Have a look at their Website here - http://www.highlandaviation.com/trialflights.asp

4 hours ago, maxkillers said:

How much would it cost for a student to fly in a beginner's aircraft (152 from where I come from) in england... I imagine it varies from airport to airport so I'm interested to know the hourly and half-hourly rates for the "whoever's to be bothered reading this post's home airport".... For a c152 it will cost about $240 AUD for a half hour and $350 AUD for a full hour from Jandakot so... I'm Curious about England, and even Scotland, because I want to do a tour flight for an hr when I go on holiday's up there in July with my family. Recommendations on where to fly would be appreciated to (= 

Where are you flying from at Jandakot at $350 for a C152 Dual...... that's way more than it should be...... I'm guessing RACWA

1 hour ago, tmarshall said:

Where are you flying from at Jandakot at $350 for a C152 Dual...... that's way more than it should be...... I'm guessing RACWA

Unbelivable prices! When I first started instructing, we got $20 per hour. $15 wet for the aircraft and I got $5. In fairness, that was nearly 50 years ago, 1971.

Greg 

15 hours ago, tmarshall said:

Yeh, my memory isn't probably exact but I remember at least $300 for an hr, RACWA

Archived