Hello Anyone

I have had texture problems now for at least 6months more on than off.

I believe it's called Texture Morphing (texture morphing means that the textures change while flying over them)

I have Orbx Global Base, Vector, AU, NZ north and south, EU and loads of orbx airports.

I also have Fly Tempa Sydney and two others but the majority by far I have ORBX Scenery and am running P3DV4.1 but had same problem with V3

The problem of this texture morphing happens when i approach a flight destination (pretty much ANY destination airport), usually below 10,000 feet and the closer to the ground i get the more predominant the textures get 

the error texture block continually move along as i fly, changing from normal texture to sort of satellite map blocks sometimes showing ocean, sometimes islands, sometimes continents all at random.

I have tried many suggested fixes from this forum

I have tried this method at least 3 times but the fix only works for a little while and then the problem returns

I have also tried removing all my scenery and reinstalling, again it only works for a little while and the problem returns

I have tried Migration, vector elevation and insertion tool, all to no avail

This has really got me frustrated as I'm unable to find a long term fix.

If anyone please, knows what the cause of this problem is and how to fix it I would greatly appreciate it.

Some photos of texture problem below (LDDU)

Thank you

Michael

40626734571_95f5a80ced_b.jpg

26755201348_45acfe9a35_b.jpg

38816813050_de50b24345_b.jpg

"I have Orbx Global Base, Vector, AU, NZ north and south, EU and loads of orbx airports.

I also have Fly Tempa Sydney and two others but the majority by far I have ORBX Scenery and am running P3DV4.1 but had same problem with V3"

Now that bothers me!   I have "all" of the Orbx scenery and Pilot's Mesh.  I also have 5 other airport designers airports.  I am currently running a new 9thGen Allienware machine with P3D4.1.  

If you followed the instructions  as you have said, it should be okay.  May I ask at what point of your installing did you notice this?  How often or how many addon sceneries, did you STOP installing and started the sim?

On a new install, I never install area scenery and airports in one setting before starting the sim.  I may install up to three area products like SC, NC, and PNW or all of GB and then run the sim.  For airports, I will load about a dozen and then run the sim.  Of course I do all of this adhering to run the lowest level of scenery first, i.e. mesh, global, area, airports, etc.

BTW, I found that l never had any luck in ever running multiple sims or one sim after the other on the same machine.  Much better having a new operating system loaded and then only one SIM.

Wish you the best.

Larry

Hi Larry

Thank you for your comment.

Generally I install all my ORBX Scenery at the same time through FTX Central, then Addon Scenery one at a time (I only have 4 non orbx airports)

All the rest of my scenery is ORBX

First time i saw this morphing was last October, P3D V3 (I have FSX installed on the same machine but rarely use it) I was flying in Cuba area coming in for a landing and morphing started, I have not been flying in that area before I generally fly in Australian and NZ.  This morphing got worse with every flight even in Aus and NZ.

(at that stage I dont remember installing or uninstalling any new or old scenery)

In around Christmas I bought P3D V4 and started a new install on the same machine (yes i have V3 still installed) and about 2 weeks of morphing free flying it started in V4.

More than likely, I am  the cause or this problem and I seem to be making the mistake over and over.

The problem is that I don't know what mistake I am making and this is the reason for my post.

If anyone knows what the cause of this Morphing problem is, then I can try not to make the same mistake over and over.

Mind you, before that October flight to Cuba, I had never seen this problem in my Sim

Cheers

Michael

Today after clearing scenery by Morphing Fix above I did two flights

First flight YSSY Tempa - YMML Orbx  P3D V4.2

after first flight I reset the sim and restarted back at YSSY (this is my default P3D Scenario)

I again flew YSSY - YMML - NO MORPHING on either flight, all good

After the second flight to YMML I moved to NZCH via P3D Navigation/Go to Airport

(I have ORBX NZ north and south island)

Set up for a flight NZCH - NZQN (NZQN = Orbx)

All good until 1500 feet AGL at Queenstown and MORPHING EVERYWHER.

SO FRUSTRATING, I don't know what I'm doing wrong

40687075011_686ea0d929_b.jpg

26815569938_a0e6b25870_b.jpg

:unsure:

Hi,

I have had this too.

And always on descent, with it getting worse the lower I descend.

Just out of interest, what do you have your Terrain -> Level Of Detail Radius set to?

Out of sheer desperation, I changed this value, and for now, I seemed to have kept the issue at bay, however I'm less than pleased at the value I had to set to stop the morphing from happening.

Please note, Im not suggesting this is the 'cure' and it doesnt seem that anyone has a real understanding of what may be causing it.

I've even rebuilt the terrain.cfg, and done a 'diff compare' in Notepad++  between the old and 'fixed' version, and couldn't see any difference.

Regards

David

I have had to set mine back to Medium.

This seems to stop the texture morphing, at least of the few routes Ive been trying.

I used to have real problems on YPAD-YBCS route, whichever was my destination. 

EGKK-LEBL always gave me grief with the mountains on descent to Barcelona, usually around the 12,000-10000 point and got worse as I descended.

The other trick Ive tried, that sometimes worked, was to do a scenery reset - either by disabling an un-neccessary scenery layer, or re-enabling it again as soon as it started.

This worked occasionally, but totally ruined the immersion factor, and would have to be repeated on descent of every flight.

Id be interested to hear if dropping LOD back to medium ends up as a temporary fix

Hi there,

that does not appear to be the kind of texture morphing related to landclass textures and terrain.cfg. Instead it must have something to do with the additional reflection layers and shaders that are placed on top of all land and water surfaces.

The landclass-related texture morphing occurs if the sim cannot find one or more landclass textures and then picks a random texture; those textures change (morph) when the user aircraft moves around because that re-triggers another search and then another random texture gets displayed.

It looks very similar in Michael's case but it also happens with photoreal ground textures like at NZCH, and those cannot get lost or corrupted like landclass textures, meaning the issue doesn't appear to be with the ground textures themselves. Moreover, it appears to be happening around the user aircraft itself rather than at specific locations in the landscape, another clue that the issue has to do with something that is updated in a concentric area around the user aircraft.

I'm not an expert on what goes on with the shaders and reflection layers but that's what I would focus on. Michael, have you tried deleting your shaders folders to let P3D re-build them? See https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/137098-prepar3d-v4-tutorials-and-orbx-troubleshooting/?tab=comments#comment-1269581

Also, are you using any third-party environment add-ons?

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger

Thank you for your reply.

Yes the blocks do appear to follow the aircraft along and they do change to and from proper scenery block and move on to different areas around the aircraft.

No I have not done anything to shaders folder but will do that next.

Third Party environment add-ons?  -  if you mean some sort of shaders, no I dont

Only add - 0n I have is GSX Ground Services.  Earlier on I Uninstalled it to see if that was causing it but same thing happened without GSX

Thank you again for your input

Cheers

Michael

Hi All

Yesterday I tried the 5 step fix

Unfortunately I ended up with more problems that I was trying to solve.

On my first takeoff with the fully refreshed files I had a P3D Crash to Desktop at about 3,000 after takeoff from YMML (Orbx Scenery only installed - NO ADD-ONS)

So back to square one :(

Archived