KTVL ground poly/elevation problems

Hey y'all, got an issue with KTVL here. Looks like an elevation problem. Not sure what could be conflicting with it, but there are floating polys on the ramp and missing polys on the runway and taxiways. Looks like the underlying terrain mesh has some dips in it. Also seeing some of the poly clipping problem at KRDD but it's not nearly to this level. 

Thanks! 

xsRA6pa.jpg

kC7F0pP.jpg

Looks like I have that file now.  The elevation issue appears to be corrected but there are still the missing chunks in the ground polygon. It also appears skewed from the underlying ground imagery. We'll get it fixed! :D

Gotta be a conflict somewhere on my system then so I'll poke around.  

What I found regarding the ground poly shifting in P3D at KHLX was the "drawcall batching" in ModelConverterX would cause polys and other objects in general to shift at elevated airports.  TVL is about 3,500 hundred feet higher! Disabling Drawcall batching cured that issue in a snap.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Do you have IslandSim/PacSim KRNO?

I have some elevation issues right in front of the terminal building at KTVL. They go away when I disable PacSim KRNO in my Scenery Library, and they re-appear when I re-enable it.

Has anyone else encountered that issue with PacSim KRNO? (happy to open a new thread if necessary)

-Garg

2018-12-5_12-23-16-210.bmp

8 hours ago, el_gargantuan said:

Do you have IslandSim/PacSim KRNO?

I have some elevation issues right in front of the terminal building at KTVL. They go away when I disable PacSim KRNO in my Scenery Library, and they re-appear when I re-enable it.

Has anyone else encountered that issue with PacSim KRNO? (happy to open a new thread if necessary)

-Garg

2018-12-5_12-23-16-210.bmp

I have both and will check for you.  But that doesn't look like an elevation problem, but more like two versions of KTVL competing with each other.  I also note you're missing a lot of stuff on the ramp in your pic, so there looks like a conflict of some sort.  I see nothing of your problem when I go to KTVL.

Interesting..

I recently ran a tool called "SimpleAirportScanner" on recommendation which detects duplicate scenery BGLs and allows you to delete them. I deleted a dupe from the FTX NA Northern California directory since I have the KTVL product as well but it didn't seem to help in this case.

As it turns out, PacSim RNO does not affect this issue the way the I thought initially. This issue started happening after I re-enabled KRNO (it was fine prior to enabling this past weekend), but now I cannot get it to work/reproduce again regardless of whether KRNO is enabled or not.

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling KTVL but still no luck... Any ideas?

I suppose I will likely be doing a full reinstall of Prepar3d soon to move to version 4.4 and will get a chance to start fresh with the scenery library to see if the issue comes back again or not as I re-install different scenery products.

PS - notice in the attachment that there is some terrain covering up parts of the scenery in my sim

2018-12-7_20-57-46-214.bmp

Archived