Installing ORBX FSX

Atomic_Sheep

Haven't used ORBX for a while, was wondering what the procedure for installing ORBX is. Don't remember since it has been many years since I flew FSX.

I plan to install FTX AU and all my Australian airports that I have.

What do I need to install first, last, in the middle?

I found an SP4.002 patch file in my folder for FTX AU, however I can't figure out if my DVD is SP2/3/4 as per installer's requirements. I seem to remember I used to install SP2, SP3 and SP4 prior to this file, but I'm not sure where I can get SP2/3/4 files?

EDIT: Now I also stumbled across Holger mesh. Remember installing this at some point as well. Also, how do you download this?h I click add to account on the ORBX website, but nothing happens.

The crossgrade service is also limited to a number of Eligible DVDs. Please refer to the list below.

Authorised Resellers

YMML is not on the list. Would have been nice to know that YMML wasn't on the list before I made the purchase. Looks like my FTX Australia DVD wasn't purchased form the Flight Sim Store, so now I've got no use for the crossgrade functionality. Waste of 4 bux ><.

• 5 months later...

Hello,

after you have installed from your DVD, click on the product icon in FTX Central,

hover your mouse cursor over the tick in the white circle and it will tell you what

version you have. However, only the two updates are available for download.

Looking back over your topic, there are outstanding questions.

Firstly, the list of products available for DVD crossgrade is visible before the point

at which you needed to pay any money.

Assuming that you did purchase your DVD from an authorised reseller the crossgrade

should have gone ahead after you provided the necessary proof of purchase.

Secondly, if you had purchased your DVD from the FSS, there is no need to crossgrade,

its licence would have been transferred along with any others.

Thirdly, you have already transferred your FSS licences which is why there is no longer an

option to do so.

Archived