Conflict with static aircraft at CAC8

I tried to start a flight at CAC8 but my aircraft is sharing the same dock space with another  floatplane. I assume it is a static airplane that is part of the scenery.  There doesn't seem to be a way to eliminate this airplane in the control panel.  I tried searching the forum but couldn't find an answer to this.  What can I do to eliminate this conflict?

Hi Bill

I am bettin that is AI traffic on a schedule and isn't there all the time, you could also when you select the airport from the "Select Airport" list, at the bottom left corner "Starting Location" select "S" and it will load you at a different dock.

This is where the aircraft loads when I select "Active Runway".

CAC8.png

Cheers

Doug

Hi Bill,

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? There should be no conflict. If you start at the starting point in Area A, you should be on the north side of the seaplane dock and there will be a Harbour Air DHC3 on the opposite or south side of the dock. If you start at the starting point in Area B, you should be on the outboard or east side of the outermost Seair dock . There will be a Kenmore Air DHC3 on one of the finger piers inboard (to the west) as Doug has shown above.  Those are the only static aircraft that are part of the Nanaimo scenery.

Hi, Larry.

It has been many months since I have used this scenery, though I did not have problems earlier.  Either I have forgotten something crucial or something has goofed up this scenery.  First of all, I do not seem to be able to select Scenery area "A" , though I have been able to do this in the past.  When I set CAC8 as the airport in FSX, my only two choices of starting locations are "Active Runway" and, if I remember correctly "Runway waterNW", or something like that.  I can run FSX later and verify that choice as well as provide a screenshot, but in the meantime, the point is that both choices start me at a dock in the Scenery B area and my aircraft is merged with a Kenmore Air aircraft.  I don't have any choice in CAC8 that gives me the inner docks of Scenery A.  I suppose I could uninstall and reinstall CAC8, but I thought this might be useful to you until I can try FSX again.

OK, something is wrong.  I do not have the N and S choices for starting that Doug shows, though I think I used to.  I was not able to take a screenshot of the FSW menu screen, but my only choices for CAC8 were Active Runway and NW (water).  I choice the second choice (though the first one gives me the same result) and ended up at the dock merged with a Kenmore airplane as shown in the screenshot below.  CAC8 used to work fine for me, but it is looking like I need to uninstall/reinstall that scenery.  Do you agree?

Yes, FSW was a typo and should have been FSX.

Although I have no idea why my working copy of CAC8 went AWOL, the uninstall/reinstall seems to have fixed all the issues.  I now have the start location options Doug has.  Although I have not yet done a flight from there, I did test the start locations of N and S and my float-plane appears correctly at both docks and does not conflict with Kenmore Air.

Thanks, Doug and Larry for the help.

Hi Bill,

I'm glad you got it fixed. I'm puzzling over what might have caused the problem. (I like puzzles.) Can't really remember exactly what I did when, but it could be that the active copy of the aircraft facilities file was from the initial release of CAC8 while the rest of it was from the SP that added area B. In any case, I'm glad that a simple re-install fixed it.

By the way,  if you feel up to it, take the plunge and get P3D v4; I find CAC8 and the other SPBs 'not so hot' with FSX in comparison to the way they look in P3D. And to me, the same goes for most if not all of the other scenery too.

Archived