Tassie VFR Part II *Even more shots, may cause long loading time*

Hi again,

My last post ended at Lagoon Bay, so I'll pick it up from there now.

After I landed at Lagoon Bay I headed up to a nearby farm. I was thirsty and I was looking for a few coldies.

I met a guy who told me that I would get a whole case of coldies if I did him a favour. Of course, I said.

He had an aircraft in the barn that he wanted to be flow to George Town... It was a special aircraft that had come a long way from it's home.

I took one look at the aircraft...I cried a bit(Homesick you know)...grabbed the case of beer and jumped into the aircraft and fired her up.

The first leg would bring me west over Boomer Bay, Connellys Marsh and Dodges Ferry towards Hobart Airport before heading north to Lake Tiberias and Jericho Airfield.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

At this point I started to get very low on fuel and after a short stop I took off and sat course towards Launceston for some fuel.

This leg was flown using VOR navigation.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I admit that those beers started to look mighty good in the back of the aircraft, so after refuel I couldn't wait to get airborne again for my final leg to George Town.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for joining me on this flight across Tassie. Now I'm going to enjoy a few beers.

Next time I'll cross the Banks Strait on my way to Flinders Island before crossing the Bass Strait hopefully with the help of the lighthouses.

Guest Private-Cowboy

Very, very, very nice indeed. What season is that? My FTX world looks a little more brownish these days.

Great shots there mate..Simply Fantastic..one thing though just out of curiosity.. on shot 15 your coming in for a right base for the south facing runway at jericho but on shot 17 you on finals for the north one..not being rude but i was just wondering...cheers

Archived