P3d V4.2 Install Issues

pphibbs

Hi Guys,

Currently dealing with Lockheed over issues I’m having trying to get V4.2 installed correctly but may have to go back to scratch and reinstall my P3d environment as opposed to performing a simple upgrade. My biggest fear is all the Orbx scenery I have installed. Hours/days of downloads which I fear I have to do all over again. 

Firstly, do I need to uninstall each Orbx scenery using the Orbx Central app before uninstalling P3d?

Note: I also have FSX installed on the same computer with the same Orbx scenery.

For your information, my P3d issue is I was running V4.1 with no issues other than my disappointment with the mouse cursor in VR, i.e., difficult to see and need to close right eye to fix on click points as two cursors are visible. After applying the update to V4.2 using the MSI setups, VR no longer works and after applying the scenery MSI file, I’ve now got night and day textures in the scenery - looks horrible. 

The good news is that I have a good backup strategy and can easily roll back to V4.1 and everything works.

Regards, Paul

Just noted the day and night texture issue. My test location was around Miami and saw the reinstall suggestion, which I’ll try. This was the only area (for consistency) that I tested, so it was coincidental that it occurred here.

One less thing to worry about I suppose.

Regards, Paul

Good article and I basically did all the steps with the exception of deleting both Prepar3D.cfg and Shaders folder. This time I did this and regenerated the files but unfortunately no improvement on a working VR session.

Can you advise if I have to use the FTX Central environment to uninstall each of the Orbx items before uninstalling P3D? I have many Orbx products and want to ensure if I have to reinstall the complete environment that I don’t compromise the Orbx environment.

Regards, Paul

All fixed. Even though I had a “working” version of P3dV4 that ran in VR, it wasn’t installed correctly. I had no Virtual Reality menu option at the top level menu (I used to invoke VR via the View menu). 

I ran the Setup.exe over the top of my existing version, deleted the Prepar3D.cfg and shaders folder, opened P3d and immediately the Virtual Reality option was available from the top menu. I could select my headset and immediately was running in VR with the MUCH improved mouse pointer.

My Orbx scenery was screwed up, I.e., mixture of day and night textures. I’m reinstalling Global and will continue to check to ensure all scenery is installed OK.

At least I have a working version of P3d now.

Much happier.

Thanks for all your input.

Regards, Paul

Hey Doug, I’ve removed and reinstalled scenery and airports but can’t see people flow. Example YBUD and YSCH. I can’t remove the libraries to reinstall. Should I delete any libraries to force a reinstall? Btw I performed a force migration. 

Paul 

You will need to opt in to Fastlane to get the latest Libraries that are compatible with v4.2.

Then you will need to confirm the below.

Check from the P3Dv4 in game top of screen under Options/Add-ons that ObjectFlow2 is checked enabled.

Check that “Use ObjectFlow 2 in Prepar3D v4” in FTXC3 settings is checked enabled.

Archived