Serious elevation problems

ramuss

I live in Oregon, which is great for me since it's smack in the middle of the Orbx NA regions.  So naturally, I have all of them, as well as the Global products related to North America.  This includes, Open LC, Vector, Base, Libraries, Trees and the Lights Configurator.  Also, around a dozen Orbx airports, but it's not these airports where I'm having problems.  However, I have NO other scenery or addon airports of any kind.  Yet, I am having elevation issues at numerous airports (and yes, I've run the Airport Elevation tool in Vector several times but the affected airports aren't shown in either column.)  I first noticed it at KPDX when I noticed the AI traffic from UT Live landing THROUGH the runway.  Then when I cranked up the mesh resolution I could see deep drop-offs surrounding the runways and taxiways.  Since Air Hauler 2 is sending me to backwater airports that I'd normally never go to, I'm seeing this at other places (KTDO and 4S2 for example.)  Here is KTDO, I know the picture looks funky but it lines up great on 3 monitors (left and right resolutions are lower.)  If I uncheck the Orbx PNW files in the scenery library within P3d then my elevation problems go away, but then so does the great scenery so that's no good.  But unchecking Vector or anything else doesn't seem to make a difference.  I don't know if that's the same as uninstalling, but experimenting by repeatedly installing and uninstalling via FTX central is not practical for me.

jwDy5JV.jpg

This may be excessive detail, but I'm going to list everything I have added just in case you identify as one having a conflict that I wouldn't know about:

P3Dv4, Orbx, Active Sky for P3d, Rex Skyforce for P3d, Rex HD Airports, Turbulent Trees, Sode Jetway control, UT Live, FSUIPC, GSX by FS Dreamteam, multiple PMDG and A2A and a couple other planes and some Reality and F1 gauges and Weather Radar. 

I'd love to be able to reinstall one at a time to find where things are getting derailed, but except for Vector and Libraries, I can't find a way of manually downloading the regions and my internet is slow, and I don't want to repeatedly re-install through FTX Central since it takes so long to download.  Is there a place I can get the zip files?

Hi there,

welcome to Orbx!

For any airport to display correctly two components have to match: (1) the airport reference altitude (in the main airport bgl file) that sets the elevation of taxiways, aprons, and runways, and (2) the overall airport flatten (in the _CVX.bgl file) that sets the elevation of the airport's grass areas.

Display issues like yours  typically happens if another add-on for that airport uses a different reference altitude but has higher display priority than our version. If you don't know which add-on that might be run a Windows Explorer search of your entire flightsim folder tree for all .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names -- e.g., search term *KPDX*.bgl -- and post a list or screenshot of the results with full file names and folder paths. An example of such a list is shown here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/134687-kmry-elevation-issue/?do=findComment&comment=1195382  . We can use the list to identify missing or incompatible files.

FYI, Global Vector's AEC utility will only list airports for which Vector itself has changed the default elevation. KPDX is not one of them, which is why it doesn't show in the menu. In any case, a screenshot of your search results will reveal what's amiss.

Cheers, Holger 

I Had problems with upgrading FTXCentral to the actual version, is now solved, but now I have pretty everywhere elevation-issues that I didn't had before I ugraded

my Sim P3Dv4.1 to 4.2 (only Client is replaced). I have done a rerun of the AEC-option via the FTX-Central and applied(saved) it as it should but the issue remains

for Orbx-sceneries as for 3rd party sceneries, see follow screenshots:

Boeing Field Everett-KPAE from DrZ design

BoeingPaeneFieldEverett-KPAE_elevationer

Friday Harbour-KFHR from Orbx-FTX

FridayHarbor-KFHR_elevationerror5151c.jp

What could be gone wrong, thank you for any assistance.

Ok, here are my screenshots.  I managed to go over to a friend's who has fire-hose bandwidth and download every Orbx product I own, so if need be I can go brute force and just uninstall and reinstall everything.  The thing is though, this IS a fresh install I just did last week.  So I haven't had any other addons other than what I listed.  I DID, however, copy my Orbx folder from my last install before my system crashed and I had to do the whole Windows thing fresh.  So I might have brought my problems with me.  But now I have  the whole files.

Hi ramuss,

there are plenty of files placed by Orbx installers into default folders, such as Effects, Texture, and Scenery\World. The latter contains the elevation adjustment files for airports required to override the default altitude settings. For example, ADE_FTX_PNW_KPDX_elevation_adjustment.BGL for KPDX, ADE_FTX_PNW_4S2_elevation_adjustment.BGL for 4S2, etc;. FTX PNW alone has almost 100 of these in \Scenery\world\scenery.

If you only copied the \Orbx folder into your new installation then you are indeed missing important files, and you search results show this. I'd recommend re-installing your Orbx add-ons from your new downloads, to ensure that all files are installed and in the proper locations.

Cheers, Holger 

12 hours ago, ikbenik said:

I Had problems with upgrading FTXCentral to the actual version, is now solved, but now I have pretty everywhere elevation-issues that I didn't had before I ugraded

my Sim P3Dv4.1 to 4.2 (only Client is replaced). I have done a rerun of the AEC-option via the FTX-Central and applied(saved) it as it should but the issue remains

for Orbx-sceneries as for 3rd party sceneries, see follow screenshots:

Boeing Field Everett-KPAE from DrZ design

BoeingPaeneFieldEverett-KPAE_elevationer

Friday Harbour-KFHR from Orbx-FTX

FridayHarbor-KFHR_elevationerror5151c.jp

What could be gone wrong, thank you for any assistance.

Sorry to have posted my issue into this post....Now added a new post with this issue and more info about.

Archived