CYQY New Runway designations

Moscue26

The most recent FREE ORBX files for this airport in FSX are:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYQY.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYQY_CVX.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYQY_GP.BGL

ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYQY_OBJ.BGL

The two runway designations have been changed from 7/25 to 6/24 and 1/19 to 18/36

If I go into ADE and open ADE_FTX_FTXG_CYQY.BGL and change the runway designations and markers,  can I replace the original file with my new saved file?  If so, what affect will my amendments have on the other 3 ORBX files, if any? 

Thank you.

Thank you so much Larry. I wasn't expecting you to do this for me! You're busy enough as is.

I did learn something!  I amended the original .....FTXG_CYQY.BGL however I did not do what Nick outlined.

On 12/02/2018 at 1:17 PM, Nick Cooper said:

If you compile your new file with exactly the same file name as the origin

So when I opened FSX and I could see the corrected Runway numbers and markers, as soon as I opened the GPS, FSX shut down. I did NOT save my new file with the same name as to old file.

Mike

You need to copy the files I provided over the old files with no change in name or the runway designations may confuse FSX. Usually the highest priority will overwrite the other file but not always. The files do not need to be compiled in ADE just copy them to the FTX_FTXG_Airports/Scenery file.

Larry

Nick:

What you suggested will work but I did the compile as it was an easy fix and anyone can use it even if they are not familiar ADE. As this is the first airport I did it is not set up the same way we currently do them. ( The objects are included in the ADE file rather than being separate Instant Scenery files). The files will also be in the next Global Airport Pack so will update for everyone.

Larry

Larry and Nick: 

Oops!

I replaced the original ORBX files in both FSX and P3Dv3 with your files Larry exactly as you instructed. However, while the runway numbers change to the current new  designations, the Taxi Runway signs remained 25/7 and 1/19.

MORE IMPORTANTLY, in both Flight Sims, if I open the GPS window (shft + 3)  and then click on the proc (Procedures) as if I was going to select a landing option, BOTH Flight Sims close down. So I am not sure what the problem is but in the meantime I have deleted your files from the ORBX scenery and gone back to the default airport with the "old" desinations

Please disregard the LAST PARAGRAPH of the post #11.  That information is not correct

1 hour ago, Moscue26 said:

MORE IMPORTANTLY, in both Flight Sims, if I open the GPS window (shft + 3)  and then click on the proc (Procedures) as if I was going to select a landing option, BOTH Flight Sims close down. So I am not sure what the problem is but in the meantime I have deleted your files from the ORBX scenery and gone back to the default airport with the "old" desinations

Sorry

Mike Chute

• 2 months later...

Thank you Larry. I have been out of touch due to a health issue and am just now revisiting this project. I have downloaded your new files but I am continuing to play around with this airport (CYQY) on ADE even though I am really a neophyte with that program.

I am not sure when the ORBX contributor did the airport for ORBX but there are several other changes that have occurred in addition to the changes in Rnwy designation.  The ILS for Rnwy 18 is inoperative and has been replaced with an RNAV approach. There several other approaches that have been have changed or are completely new. Since my home airport is Halifax (CYHZ), I fly on line to Sydney frequently and with outdated approaches it is difficult to respond to ATC accurately.

If the original ORBX CYQY Contributor is known to you, I would be pleased to liaise with him/her on updating this airport. You can give the contributor my email address for direct contact (mike166@eastlink.ca) 

Thanks again.

Mike

Mike:

The airport was originally done by me. It was the first Orbx Freeware airport I did so it has been a while since it was done. I'll have a look at the approaches and see if I can add them. I don't do a lot of them but if there is no approach for an airport in Flight Simulator I will usually add one if they exist as this helps with ATC. I probably am not as good at the approaches as some people but I will do what I can. I'll think about decommissioning the ILS. Some people may still like to have it but if I don't hear any more comments I will remove it.

Larry

Archived