OpenLC South America

riverreveal

I had my first proper fly around parts of South America yesterday using South America LC. 

I have to say that after investing in Global, Vector and the  LC Im very disappointed with some of the coast lines and islands. My first trip along the Amazon and I expected a bit more than this...

wapZh0A.jpg

Hello,

Open LC and Vector are two different things.

An update to FTX Vector is overdue and when

ready, is intended to improve the quality of Vector data in

South America.

I notice also that you have posted in a forum entitled

"General Discussion - no support requests please", so

I thank you for your comment.

Thank you Nick, no I didnt think this warranted being in a support thread as I did assume that all was working as intended.

Its good to hear that a vector update is due that will improve South America. I will stick to flying NA and Europe for now, as the quality of those vectors are fantastic. After visiting SA I can see what a huge difference good vectors make to my enjoyment of a low level flight. 

14 hours ago, Nick Cooper said:

Hello,

Open LC and Vector are two different things.

An update to FTX Vector is overdue and when

ready, is intended to improve the quality of Vector data in

South America.

I notice also that you have posted in a forum entitled

"General Discussion - no support requests please", so

I thank you for your comment.

I've written about this in the past.  Vector is overdue not only in South America but in much of the world.  It is immaterial whether or not there is data, they should at least round out the water bodies so they look nice.  If I want to fly seeing sharp corners, I don't need vector.

I have to confess that when I purchased Global vector that I had invested in a product that took care of all coastlines, rivers ect. I find the Orbx LC scenery of such a high standard that I stick to flying in regions that are covered. If I had known that SA vectors were in need of an update I would most definitely have held off on my purchase of SA LC. Global Vector was (for me) quite a large investment and its a shame there seems to be a disparity between areas of what is a global product.

A Vector update focusing on SA,  coinciding with  SA LC release would have been most welcome.

Archived